ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 09-18-2022, 07:59 PM
IndyNorm's Avatar
IndyNorm IndyNorm is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 2,794
Thanks: 1,760
Thanked 1,936 Times in 1,090 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by omahacolt View Post
lame
So I should continue wasting my time watching this joke of a team?
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 09-18-2022, 08:15 PM
HoosierinFL's Avatar
HoosierinFL HoosierinFL is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 2,917
Thanks: 255
Thanked 2,082 Times in 991 Posts
Default

Silver lining? Raimann was better than Pryor.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 09-18-2022, 08:18 PM
JAFF JAFF is offline
Post whore
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Indiana
Posts: 5,056
Thanks: 2,384
Thanked 2,516 Times in 1,415 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyNorm View Post
So I should continue wasting my time watching this joke of a team?
Well, there is competitive ice dancing on bravo
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 09-18-2022, 08:30 PM
omahacolt's Avatar
omahacolt omahacolt is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 8,702
Thanks: 1,726
Thanked 4,948 Times in 2,021 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyNorm View Post
So I should continue wasting my time watching this joke of a team?
yes

because you love the team and football. fairweather fans are pussies
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to omahacolt For This Useful Post:
Racehorse (09-19-2022)
  #5  
Old 09-18-2022, 09:05 PM
YDFL Commish YDFL Commish is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Mt. Pleasant Wisconsin
Posts: 4,550
Thanks: 3,311
Thanked 3,508 Times in 1,868 Posts
Default

We have a better record than one of the Super Bowl contestants.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to YDFL Commish For This Useful Post:
Racehorse (09-19-2022)
  #6  
Old 09-18-2022, 09:13 PM
IndyNorm's Avatar
IndyNorm IndyNorm is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 2,794
Thanks: 1,760
Thanked 1,936 Times in 1,090 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by YDFL Commish View Post
We have a better record than one of the Super Bowl contestants.
True, but the Bungles have played much better teams than we have. And despite their shitty performances they easily could have won both games.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 09-18-2022, 09:10 PM
IndyNorm's Avatar
IndyNorm IndyNorm is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 2,794
Thanks: 1,760
Thanked 1,936 Times in 1,090 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by omahacolt View Post
yes

because you love the team and football. fairweather fans are pussies
I hear you, but when the product is so bad that you stop enjoying it you eventually have to say enough is enough until some changes are made.

For example: In '16 when I finally got fed up with Clappy and Grig's incompetence I decided to stop watching the Colts until both of those dumb fucks were replaced. The Colts were still my team, and I still checked the box scores. But I didn't really watch the games anymore, and tbh didn't really care much whether we won or lost. As soon as they were both replaced I was back watching week 1 and have been ever since.

And I'm pretty much getting to the same point w/ Frank and Ballard as I was with Clappy and Grigs.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 09-18-2022, 10:23 PM
omahacolt's Avatar
omahacolt omahacolt is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 8,702
Thanks: 1,726
Thanked 4,948 Times in 2,021 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyNorm View Post
I hear you, but when the product is so bad that you stop enjoying it you eventually have to say enough is enough until some changes are made.

For example: In '16 when I finally got fed up with Clappy and Grig's incompetence I decided to stop watching the Colts until both of those dumb fucks were replaced. The Colts were still my team, and I still checked the box scores. But I didn't really watch the games anymore, and tbh didn't really care much whether we won or lost. As soon as they were both replaced I was back watching week 1 and have been ever since.

And I'm pretty much getting to the same point w/ Frank and Ballard as I was with Clappy and Grigs.
i will never understand this
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to omahacolt For This Useful Post:
Racehorse (09-19-2022)
  #9  
Old 09-19-2022, 08:53 AM
MeSayDayo MeSayDayo is offline
Member
 
Join Date: May 2021
Posts: 90
Thanks: 0
Thanked 74 Times in 38 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyNorm View Post
I hear you, but when the product is so bad that you stop enjoying it you eventually have to say enough is enough until some changes are made.

For example: In '16 when I finally got fed up with Clappy and Grig's incompetence I decided to stop watching the Colts until both of those dumb fucks were replaced. The Colts were still my team, and I still checked the box scores. But I didn't really watch the games anymore, and tbh didn't really care much whether we won or lost. As soon as they were both replaced I was back watching week 1 and have been ever since.

And I'm pretty much getting to the same point w/ Frank and Ballard as I was with Clappy and Grigs.
The problem with Reich, using this example, is that he has had some moderate success with a lesser Colts team at times. He isn't as bad a coach as the Colts are playing, but at some point in time you have to ask yourself if he has lost the team. They clearly are not playing hard for him.
I don't think Shaq Leonard could have even been close to the difference in this one- Pittman either. We were uninspired, outcoached and outplayed.
With Clappy it was different- The Colts got blown out in a LOT of games that they shouldn't have, but it was still oddly clear that the players were still playing hard for Chuck until his end here for the most part- unfortunately his cupboard was bare and Grigson didn't give him enough to work with.

In the case of the 22 Colts, I think Ballard has given Reich enough to to field a very competitive team, but has stayed status quo on certain positions where he tried to improve but missed. I think the pass rush should be much better, but in the first two weeks it has been clear as day that opposing QB's are getting the ball out very fast against us. So why have we not adjusted our coverage to more press looks? Mills and Lawrence have just quickly dumped their way into easy completions against us. Jam up those receivers and it doesn't happen and our rushers get home a lot more.

I also don't think that Ryan has looked particularly good- and that is largely a result of our scheme. He is new to our scheme and clearly isn't familiar with a scheme that requires his passing targets to constantly bring in contested catches. His arm velocity looks average at best, and he never looks to take a deep shot- even to just jeep the D honest and the box a little bit less stacked.
He is an anticipatory thrower who is operating in a world that requires scheming guys open with drags and a lot of levelled options. The problem though is if those options become unavailable you need a QB who can improvise- and at this point in his career, that isn't Matt Ryan. He just takes the sacks like a good ole boy.

The silver lining of this game has been mentioned- that this may escalate the changes that inevitably would have taken a few years to come to fruition. We can now finally dump Campbell, Lewis, Banogu. We can dump "win now: moves like Foles, Gilmore, Yannick if need be.
And we can seriously revisit all of our assets to see if they are perfectly aligned with where we are and where we are headed. Another loss our two in the division and I am at the point where we should absolutely give Ehlinger a start and see what we have.
If a team is willing to give up a 1st or more for Nelson, Leonard, or Buckner, I am listening. Combine that with an early 1st that we have this year and likely two second rounders and suddenly we are cooking with gasoline.
If we continue on this losing path and have a realistic shot at a high draft pick then we absolutely need to think about adding another 1st round pick and pair a top tier playmaker with our new QB. Might be the only chance Ballard has at a few more years here (a rookie QB with promise), and I think this scenario inevitably happens with a new HC who isn't Reich.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 09-19-2022, 09:13 AM
HoosierinFL's Avatar
HoosierinFL HoosierinFL is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 2,917
Thanks: 255
Thanked 2,082 Times in 991 Posts
Default

I think Pittman might have made some difference, he was clearly the primary target last week, and so often yesterday Ryan would go to throw and then clutch it. Without seeing the all-22, I gotta think its because guys weren't open. I think this offense is supposed to work on anticipatory timing, but these receivers aren't executing downfield and Ryan was forced to go to his 2nd and 3rd reads - but that is when the pass rush was getting to him. Without fail, every time he aborted a throw (announcers were calling them pump fakes but he wasn't trying to fake out anyone), he'd get sacked or hit. He only had time to hit that initial read. The pressure got to him in the 2nd half, he wasn't seeing the field well, because he was watching for pass rushers out of the corner of his eyes.

But if this passing offense shits the bed without Pittman, that's a problem. I still think an old T.Y. Hilton is better than the rest of these guys.

I also still think the offensive line has regressed since DeGuglielmo was fired. Reich said it was about teaching technique, but these guys have the skills, but they aren't playing mean. When's the last time we've seen Nelson pancake and teabag a guy?

In fact, I don't think anyone on either side of the ball is playing mean. And its because Reich is too much of a player's coach, with too many light days, walk-thrus instead of real practice. I don't care to hear this "these guys are pros, should be expected to play hard". There is a psychology to lighting a fire under a guy's ass vs. the subtle message that he can make a ton of money playing at 90% effort.

Finally, I don't think we get blown out necessarily vs. the Chiefs. This team under Reich has a long history of playing to the level of their competition. We've played down against bad teams and stepped up against the good ones. I suspect that history is relevant and we'll see it again next week. But if we get slaughtered, then we'll know Reich has really lost the team.

Last edited by HoosierinFL; 09-19-2022 at 09:18 AM.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:12 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
ColtFreaks.com is in no way affiliated with the Indianapolis Colts, the NFL, or any of their subsidiaries.