ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 04-02-2022, 11:48 PM
apballin apballin is offline
Doom -N- Gloom
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 2,572
Thanks: 2,881
Thanked 1,804 Times in 1,008 Posts
Default

I’m gonna love it when Pittman puts up 1500 yards thus season since last year he had a QB that held him back. All the shit talk is fuckin bullshit, dudes a #1 and he’s a threat, Wentz just couldn’t utilize him right
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to apballin For This Useful Post:
Racehorse (04-03-2022), Spike (04-03-2022)
  #2  
Old 04-03-2022, 12:10 AM
Discflinger's Avatar
Discflinger Discflinger is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: In My Head
Posts: 827
Thanks: 419
Thanked 363 Times in 221 Posts
Default

Get ready for Mathieu.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 04-03-2022, 04:30 AM
Spike's Avatar
Spike Spike is offline
Post whore
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: USA
Posts: 8,366
Thanks: 9,756
Thanked 5,678 Times in 3,101 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by apballin View Post
I’m gonna love it when Pittman puts up 1500 yards thus season since last year he had a QB that held him back. All the shit talk is fuckin bullshit, dudes a #1 and he’s a threat, Wentz just couldn’t utilize him right
I love Pittman, but Ballards failure to put another great wide receiver next to him is going to hurt him. He will get double or even triple coverage since that POS Ballard hasn't done jack shit to help him. I am souring on Ballard big time. Ballard has the money, spend it!
__________________
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 04-03-2022, 08:56 AM
IndyNorm's Avatar
IndyNorm IndyNorm is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 2,794
Thanks: 1,760
Thanked 1,936 Times in 1,090 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike View Post
I love Pittman, but Ballards failure to put another great wide receiver next to him is going to hurt him. He will get double or even triple coverage since that POS Ballard hasn't done jack shit to help him. I am souring on Ballard big time. Ballard has the money, spend it!
You beat me to it. It's going to be tough for MPJ to wrack up yards when he's double and triple covered since he's the only real receiving threat that we have in the WR/TE group.

Last edited by IndyNorm; 04-03-2022 at 09:17 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 04-03-2022, 09:11 AM
apballin apballin is offline
Doom -N- Gloom
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 2,572
Thanks: 2,881
Thanked 1,804 Times in 1,008 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyNorm View Post
You beat me to it. It's going to be tough for MPJ to wrack up yards when he's double and triple covered since he's the only real receiving threat that we had in the WR/TE group.
Hard to double and triple Pitt with 8/9 in the box, I’m saying he will have a monster year
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to apballin For This Useful Post:
JAFF (04-03-2022)
  #6  
Old 04-03-2022, 10:26 AM
Oldcolt Oldcolt is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 2,870
Thanks: 3,136
Thanked 3,128 Times in 1,439 Posts
Default

Until we have a real QB (we have one) who can actually run Reich's game plan we have no idea what kind of receivers we have. I keep thinking about all the open receivers in Kurt Warner's video. If they had been hit and hit in stride like Ryan will would we think that they all sucked? How did they get open if they were shit? I'm just throwing out that maybe Ballard is right and the issue isn't that receivers couldn't get open but that the QB couldn't find them. Bottom line for me is I am not that worried about our offense, run or pass. I think it will be top third of NFL at least. The only place I have worries is LT and I'm hoping that Ballard is a better scout than me or most of my friends on this board.
Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Oldcolt For This Useful Post:
apballin (04-03-2022), CletusPyle (04-03-2022), JAFF (04-03-2022), Racehorse (04-03-2022)
  #7  
Old 04-03-2022, 12:48 PM
ChaosTheory's Avatar
ChaosTheory ChaosTheory is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2021
Posts: 2,021
Thanks: 613
Thanked 2,533 Times in 1,166 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldcolt View Post
Until we have a real QB (we have one) who can actually run Reich's game plan we have no idea what kind of receivers we have. I keep thinking about all the open receivers in Kurt Warner's video. If they had been hit and hit in stride like Ryan will would we think that they all sucked? How did they get open if they were shit? I'm just throwing out that maybe Ballard is right and the issue isn't that receivers couldn't get open but that the QB couldn't find them. Bottom line for me is I am not that worried about our offense, run or pass. I think it will be top third of NFL at least. The only place I have worries is LT and I'm hoping that Ballard is a better scout than me or most of my friends on this board.
In 2018, Andrew Luck had arguably his best season. Our top-4 receivers were TY Hilton (maybe outside his prime), Chester Rodgers, Ryan Grant and Dontrelle Inman. Not exactly a murderer's row. Then we had Eric Ebron who wasn't shit before or after 2018. Rookie Nyheim Hines caught 63 balls.

Not saying Ryan is as good as Luck was. But you've heard people say it over and over... Reich's offense gets guys open. I'm really looking forward to seeing what Ryan can do with it.
Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ChaosTheory For This Useful Post:
apballin (04-03-2022), Oldcolt (04-03-2022), Racehorse (04-03-2022)
  #8  
Old 04-03-2022, 07:52 PM
IndyNorm's Avatar
IndyNorm IndyNorm is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 2,794
Thanks: 1,760
Thanked 1,936 Times in 1,090 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosTheory View Post
In 2018, Andrew Luck had arguably his best season. Our top-4 receivers were TY Hilton (maybe outside his prime), Chester Rodgers, Ryan Grant and Dontrelle Inman. Not exactly a murderer's row. Then we had Eric Ebron who wasn't shit before or after 2018. Rookie Nyheim Hines caught 63 balls.

Not saying Ryan is as good as Luck was. But you've heard people say it over and over... Reich's offense gets guys open. I'm really looking forward to seeing what Ryan can do with it.
While you make an interesting point, you're comparing apples and oranges. In 2018 the top 5 WR/TEs after Hilton had a combined 720 catches and 6892 yards in their NFL careers prior to 2018. The top 5 returning WR/TEs on the current roster other than Pittman have a combined 137 catches and 1692 yards in their NFL careers, and that includes Campbell who will probably hurt himself stepping out of his car when he arrives to training camp and be IR'ed for the year.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to IndyNorm For This Useful Post:
CletusPyle (04-04-2022)
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:38 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
ColtFreaks.com is in no way affiliated with the Indianapolis Colts, the NFL, or any of their subsidiaries.