ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion

View Poll Results: Who do you think will be the QB for 2022
Wentz 10 27.03%
Ehlinger 3 8.11%
Draft. Who and what round 2 5.41%
Wilson What are you trading 0 0%
Rogers What are you trading 0 0%
Watson What are you trading 1 2.70%
Tribusky 8 21.62%
Bridgewater 1 2.70%
Jimmy G What are you trading 3 8.11%
Other 9 24.32%
Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 03-09-2022, 11:12 AM
apballin apballin is offline
Doom -N- Gloom
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 2,572
Thanks: 2,882
Thanked 1,806 Times in 1,009 Posts
Default

Still hoping for Jimmy G

An interesting side note Desmond Ridders high school coach was Will Wolford
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to apballin For This Useful Post:
nate505 (03-09-2022)
  #2  
Old 03-09-2022, 01:49 PM
Brylok's Avatar
Brylok Brylok is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 8,427
Thanks: 2,723
Thanked 3,807 Times in 2,270 Posts
Default

What a fucking mess.
__________________
Soda's Picks Champion: 2014, 2016
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 03-09-2022, 06:00 PM
ChaosTheory's Avatar
ChaosTheory ChaosTheory is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2021
Posts: 2,021
Thanks: 613
Thanked 2,533 Times in 1,166 Posts
Default

I'm very curious what the move is now. Wentz off the books gives us $70m to work with. Now some of these lateral moves are a lot more palatable.

Rodgers and Wilson are set and I don't see McDaniels bailing on Carr. So Watson seems to be the only upgrade available. I live north of Houston, so I get plenty of Texans exposure and local perspective concerning Watson...


A.) Who knows what his legal status will be. Grand jury on Friday.

B.) He's an upgrade over Wentz because he's more elusive/athletic than Wentz and a bit more accurate.

C.) A lot of the same shit we didn't like about Wentz is present with Watson. Holding the ball, not processing and being decisive, give you a heart attack multiple times a game trying to extend plays, etc. Sometimes it pays off, sometimes it hurts. Better than Wentz, but similar type of things.

D.) Character stuff gets brought up. Nothing crazy, but stuff like eyes-on-me first down gestures when you're down 21-0 in the second half of a playoff game against the Colts (that was a big one here).

E.) He hasn't played since 2020 and he'll be expensive. We have all the cap room we need, but it'll still cost picks and players.


That's a lot to consider. Otherwise, what? A lateral move for less money would allow you to go after guys like Armstead and whoever else. Is there even enough out there to go after that would make a lateral QB move produce a better team than last year?

Is the pie-in-the-sky best scenario now that Ehlinger can play football as well as these guys and none of that $70m has to be spent on QB?
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ChaosTheory For This Useful Post:
Racehorse (03-09-2022)
  #4  
Old 03-09-2022, 06:33 PM
nate505 nate505 is offline
Post whore
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 5,429
Thanks: 2,698
Thanked 3,375 Times in 1,946 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by apballin View Post
Still hoping for Jimmy G

An interesting side note Desmond Ridders high school coach was Will Wolford
I'm on the Garappolo bandwagon as well. I don't think he's great or anything, but right now unless there's some great talent the Colts can get, I just want competent, and I think he's that.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 03-09-2022, 07:07 PM
omahacolt's Avatar
omahacolt omahacolt is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 8,702
Thanks: 1,726
Thanked 4,948 Times in 2,021 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nate505 View Post
I'm on the Garappolo bandwagon as well. I don't think he's great or anything, but right now unless there's some great talent the Colts can get, I just want competent, and I think he's that.
but at what cost?


i don't think he is worth what they will want for him
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to omahacolt For This Useful Post:
Dewey 5 (03-09-2022), Spike (03-11-2022)
  #6  
Old 03-09-2022, 08:00 PM
JAFF JAFF is offline
Post whore
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Indiana
Posts: 5,056
Thanks: 2,384
Thanked 2,516 Times in 1,415 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by omahacolt View Post
but at what cost?


i don't think he is worth what they will want for him
He has a hard time staying healthy
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 03-09-2022, 08:36 PM
IndyNorm's Avatar
IndyNorm IndyNorm is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 2,794
Thanks: 1,760
Thanked 1,936 Times in 1,090 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by omahacolt View Post
but at what cost?


i don't think he is worth what they will want for him
Yeah, considering what we're getting for Wentz Jimmy G might be out of Ballard's price range.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 03-09-2022, 09:23 PM
apballin apballin is offline
Doom -N- Gloom
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 2,572
Thanks: 2,882
Thanked 1,806 Times in 1,009 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyNorm View Post
Yeah, considering what we're getting for Wentz Jimmy G might be out of Ballard's price range.
What do think they’re asking for a QB they don’t want anymore coming off surgery???

We can basically send the Washington picks to them and it’s an even swap
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 03-11-2022, 10:38 AM
ChaosTheory's Avatar
ChaosTheory ChaosTheory is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2021
Posts: 2,021
Thanks: 613
Thanked 2,533 Times in 1,166 Posts
Default

So apparently they are targeting Carr? I didn't see but I guess McAfee said that on his show yesterday.

I've read some Raiders fans sweating bullets over trading Carr. Bringing up how McDaniels went to Denver and immediately traded Cutler.

From LV's perspective... there's two ways to speculate I suppose... Either they have to have Carr because the division is loaded at QB and no bad teams. Or McDaniels is thinking longer term, takes a haul for Carr, and builds from there.

Wishful thinking on my part, I'm sure.

Last edited by ChaosTheory; 03-11-2022 at 10:41 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 03-11-2022, 03:58 PM
apballin apballin is offline
Doom -N- Gloom
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 2,572
Thanks: 2,882
Thanked 1,806 Times in 1,009 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosTheory View Post
So apparently they are targeting Carr? I didn't see but I guess McAfee said that on his show yesterday.

I've read some Raiders fans sweating bullets over trading Carr. Bringing up how McDaniels went to Denver and immediately traded Cutler.

From LV's perspective... there's two ways to speculate I suppose... Either they have to have Carr because the division is loaded at QB and no bad teams. Or McDaniels is thinking longer term, takes a haul for Carr, and builds from there.

Wishful thinking on my part, I'm sure.
I’m fine with Carr, but what’s the cost?

I mean if it’s a 3rd for Jimmy vs a Twos 2nd for Carr I’d still roll with Jimmy
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:05 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
ColtFreaks.com is in no way affiliated with the Indianapolis Colts, the NFL, or any of their subsidiaries.