ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 03-02-2022, 11:29 AM
Hoopsdoc Hoopsdoc is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 3,485
Thanks: 899
Thanked 3,204 Times in 1,540 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CletusPyle View Post
Sounds like he'll be back to me....CBS says Derrick Carr will be a Colt next season. I've seen reports that Wentz will be traded to Washington, so I guess we just have to wait!
Carr isn’t going anywhere, McDouche loves him.

I just don’t see how the Colts are going to improve the quarterback position. There are SO many teams that need a quarterback, teams with a lot more draft capital than we have.

I think it’s going to require trading a player or two if they’re truly serious about getting a good quarterback. And I’m not sure they’ll be willing to do that.

Just please, for the love of God, no more Wentz. I’m not sure I could handle it.
Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Hoopsdoc For This Useful Post:
apballin (03-02-2022), CletusPyle (03-02-2022), nate505 (03-02-2022), Racehorse (03-02-2022)
  #2  
Old 03-02-2022, 12:16 PM
Discflinger's Avatar
Discflinger Discflinger is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: In My Head
Posts: 827
Thanks: 419
Thanked 363 Times in 221 Posts
Default

Blah blah blah…same old shit.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 03-02-2022, 12:26 PM
Brylok's Avatar
Brylok Brylok is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 8,427
Thanks: 2,723
Thanked 3,807 Times in 2,270 Posts
Default

What a mess.
__________________
Soda's Picks Champion: 2014, 2016
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Brylok For This Useful Post:
Discflinger (03-02-2022)
  #4  
Old 03-02-2022, 12:31 PM
nate505 nate505 is offline
Post whore
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 5,429
Thanks: 2,698
Thanked 3,375 Times in 1,946 Posts
Default

I'm sure he'll be back, which fucking sucks because the guy just absolutely refuses to make a check down pass. He's either too stupid or too stubborn, and it's not just here.

https://theeagleswire.usatoday.com/2...heckdown-pass/

At least guys like Allen and Mahomes bring so much more to the table when they don't. Wentz refuses to make a check down pass just to get sacked or overthrow a receiver.

One more year of him sounds really depressing. Like I don't care if they roll with someone way worse or some unknown. If they suck, they get a high pick next year and can get a QB. If they find a diamond in the rough and develop it, great. I just don't see the upside to Wentz. The bad traits he has can't be fixed.
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nate505 For This Useful Post:
Discflinger (03-02-2022), Racehorse (03-02-2022)
  #5  
Old 03-02-2022, 06:01 PM
ChaosTheory's Avatar
ChaosTheory ChaosTheory is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2021
Posts: 2,021
Thanks: 613
Thanked 2,533 Times in 1,166 Posts
Default

I think I'm leaning more towards Wentz coming back as the most likely scenario.

There's just too many negative and/or unrealistic alternatives. I see four guys that would be an improvement over Wentz but are long shots due to combinations of expense, interest from the player, and interest from the players's team. I don't see the rest of the available guys as much of an upgrade if at all.

Now I wonder if Ballard is resigned to that fact and he's intentionally trying to light a fire under Wentz. Might as well try to motivate him if you're keeping him?
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 03-02-2022, 07:07 PM
Spike's Avatar
Spike Spike is offline
Post whore
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: USA
Posts: 8,350
Thanks: 9,740
Thanked 5,664 Times in 3,090 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosTheory View Post
I think I'm leaning more towards Wentz coming back as the most likely scenario.

There's just too many negative and/or unrealistic alternatives. I see four guys that would be an improvement over Wentz but are long shots due to combinations of expense, interest from the player, and interest from the players's team. I don't see the rest of the available guys as much of an upgrade if at all.

Now I wonder if Ballard is resigned to that fact and he's intentionally trying to light a fire under Wentz. Might as well try to motivate him if you're keeping him?
I hear what you are saying, but how much more motivation does that dumb ass need. His motivation should have been this past season since Philly threw his sorry ass in the garbage. But I don't think motivation is his problem, he's just fucking stupid as an NFL QB and you can't fix stupid. Add in his piss poor mechanics and you are left with the shit show that is CW. I was completely wrong about Wentz, I thought he would be a top 5-10 QB with the Colts. Sadly, I was mistaken.
__________________
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Spike For This Useful Post:
apballin (03-02-2022), CletusPyle (03-03-2022), dwilli57 (03-03-2022), Ironshaft (03-03-2022), Lov2fish (03-02-2022), njcoltfan (03-03-2022), Racehorse (03-02-2022), rcubed (03-03-2022)
  #7  
Old 03-02-2022, 10:10 PM
Hoopsdoc Hoopsdoc is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 3,485
Thanks: 899
Thanked 3,204 Times in 1,540 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike View Post
I hear what you are saying, but how much more motivation does that dumb ass need. His motivation should have been this past season since Philly threw his sorry ass in the garbage. But I don't think motivation is his problem, he's just fucking stupid as an NFL QB and you can't fix stupid. Add in his piss poor mechanics and you are left with the shit show that is CW. I was completely wrong about Wentz, I thought he would be a top 5-10 QB with the Colts. Sadly, I was mistaken.
I was arrogant. I thought all those Philly fans were stupid and/or spoiled. Now I know EXACTLY what they were talking about.

Still blows my mind that a quarterback can be THAT bad and still put up the numbers Wentz did. I’ve never seen anything like it.
Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hoopsdoc For This Useful Post:
BCN#1 (03-04-2022), CletusPyle (03-03-2022), Spike (03-02-2022)
  #8  
Old 03-03-2022, 12:44 AM
rcubed's Avatar
rcubed rcubed is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 4,138
Thanks: 937
Thanked 1,481 Times in 815 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike View Post
I hear what you are saying, but how much more motivation does that dumb ass need. His motivation should have been this past season since Philly threw his sorry ass in the garbage. But I don't think motivation is his problem, he's just fucking stupid as an NFL QB and you can't fix stupid. Add in his piss poor mechanics and you are left with the shit show that is CW. I was completely wrong about Wentz, I thought he would be a top 5-10 QB with the Colts. Sadly, I was mistaken.

Well said!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to rcubed For This Useful Post:
Spike (03-03-2022)
  #9  
Old 03-03-2022, 09:09 AM
CletusPyle CletusPyle is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2021
Posts: 4,399
Thanks: 7,181
Thanked 4,192 Times in 2,443 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike View Post
I hear what you are saying, but how much more motivation does that dumb ass need. His motivation should have been this past season since Philly threw his sorry ass in the garbage. But I don't think motivation is his problem, he's just fucking stupid as an NFL QB and you can't fix stupid. Add in his piss poor mechanics and you are left with the shit show that is CW. I was completely wrong about Wentz, I thought he would be a top 5-10 QB with the Colts. Sadly, I was mistaken.
Translation for children:
Uncle Carson is not very smart and that can't be fixed, the way he throws the ball is not very good. I thought he was good, but I was wrong, he is bad!
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CletusPyle For This Useful Post:
Racehorse (03-03-2022), Spike (03-03-2022)
  #10  
Old 03-03-2022, 02:33 PM
ChaosTheory's Avatar
ChaosTheory ChaosTheory is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2021
Posts: 2,021
Thanks: 613
Thanked 2,533 Times in 1,166 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike View Post
I hear what you are saying, but how much more motivation does that dumb ass need. His motivation should have been this past season since Philly threw his sorry ass in the garbage. But I don't think motivation is his problem, he's just fucking stupid as an NFL QB and you can't fix stupid. Add in his piss poor mechanics and you are left with the shit show that is CW. I was completely wrong about Wentz, I thought he would be a top 5-10 QB with the Colts. Sadly, I was mistaken.
Very true. I'm not saying I want them to do this with Wentz.

I'm just racking my brain at what Ballard might want to do. I don't have the most confidence in us bringing in one of those four guys.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:13 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
ColtFreaks.com is in no way affiliated with the Indianapolis Colts, the NFL, or any of their subsidiaries.