ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #31  
Old 02-20-2022, 03:57 PM
rm1369 rm1369 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 1,294
Thanks: 358
Thanked 972 Times in 534 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by apballin View Post
Yes 2 totally different things and leadership is earned which is why I believe Ballard kept cutting all the vets on defense because they wanted to push Leonard to be the leader on defense.

Best comparison I can use is Reggie Wayne he wasn’t drafted to be a leader but in the last few years of his career him and Mathis definitely were the leaders thru knowledge and hard work they earned the title regardless if they wanted it or not but Reggie turned out to be a hell of a leader
One of the issues I’ve had with Ballard is that in my mind he disregarded veteran leadership. If the plan was to push Leonard into a leadership role then it makes sense why I think the team has a leadership issue. It would be great for Leonard to be a leader and it makes sense to work with him on it. But you yourself have stated it’s earned, not assigned. We mainly disagree on how it’s earned. Regardless if the team is pushing Leonard to be it they need to work with him a lot more. The interview linked on this thread and the quote I provided are simply not good leadership.

I agree 100% on Reggie. I don’t think you would ever hear quotes like these from him though.
Reply With Quote
 

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:15 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
ColtFreaks.com is in no way affiliated with the Indianapolis Colts, the NFL, or any of their subsidiaries.