ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #17  
Old 01-29-2022, 02:43 PM
ChoppedWood ChoppedWood is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 3,618
Thanks: 4,673
Thanked 3,114 Times in 1,719 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldcolt View Post
My view will not be popular (ChoppedWood I'm looking at you) but at this point I think we should roll with Wentz next year. First, I always looked at this as a two year deal, with Wentz not reaching his potential with us until the second year. Second, JAFF your point about nobody else being on the roster is well taken by me. Third, I don't believe we are one QB away from competing for the Super Bowl. We need a pass rush, our defensive backs are not a sure thing by any stretch of the imagination, we don't have enough weapons on offensive (and don't use the ones we have-Hines). Our offensive line completely sucked in pass blocking and we are about to replace our entire (almost) defensive coaching staff. Roger/Wilson (the main guys people seem to want) are both sitting home watching the playoffs. They were incapable of doing it with their current teams and I see nothing in our roster that would indicate that the exact same thing would not happen here. On top of all of this there is a kind of insanity to changing your QB each and every year, continuity is needed to win consistently. Wentz is a knucklehead. Knuckleheads can win in the NFL.
I was firmly in his corner until Jax. Even the Raiders game I sort of attached to the whole team being overly confident and just sort of taking one for granted. After Jax, I just can't see them keeping him. That's an ALL-TIME stinker and you can tell Jim is super ticked. To me, Jim is so ticked that someone among the three of Ballard, Reich, and Wentz has to hit the street and I don't see him parting with either of the first 2. IMO that tweet from the other night was a rather Irsayesque way of telling Frank and Chris it's their job to get a better QB in here STAT and that he feels like he was whamboozled with the pitch of Wentz being a solid rehab project and he wants to see action NOW. Good for him because I am heading towards a landing spot that Ballard and Reich are Grigs and Chuck 2.0 - which sucks! We appear to be in year 5 of a 55 year rebuild. Seeing the Rams do what they have done, gonna shoot their shot for the Lombardi tomorrow and we didn't even get in the derby, I think Irsay is going to demand Wentz be removed to set a clear tone for EVERYONE in the org that things better change and they better change quick.
Reply With Quote
 

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:50 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
ColtFreaks.com is in no way affiliated with the Indianapolis Colts, the NFL, or any of their subsidiaries.