ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #31  
Old 01-14-2022, 02:13 PM
ChaosTheory's Avatar
ChaosTheory ChaosTheory is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2021
Posts: 2,021
Thanks: 613
Thanked 2,533 Times in 1,166 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldcolt View Post
I believe in his plan. We tried it the 'modern' way with great QBs and not putting resources into the lines. We had a good run but got one championship in 20 or so years with Manning/Luck.
I don't know. Maybe I'm the weird one, but...

Let's look at 1999-2015 (from Manning to Luck falling apart). I much prefer that I was a Colts fan as opposed to a Giants fan. We went to two Super Bowls and won one. They went to three Super Bowls and won two.

But... the Giants also missed the playoffs 10 seasons in that span. Seven losing seasons, two more 8-8 seasons. Reached double-digit wins 6 times. That's a lot of time wallowing in irrelevancy. We've had 4 of those seasons since 2015 (arguably 5) and they're awful seasons to sit through.

In contrast, I had a blast watching the Colts basically every season during that span aside from 2001 when both Edge's knee and Mora's brain blew out and then in 2011 when Manning's head got too heavy. Aside from those seasons, the Colts we're among the elite teams year in and year out.

Again, maybe I'm the weird one.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ChaosTheory For This Useful Post:
Racehorse (01-14-2022)
 

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:34 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
ColtFreaks.com is in no way affiliated with the Indianapolis Colts, the NFL, or any of their subsidiaries.