ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 12-15-2021, 10:58 AM
Oldcolt Oldcolt is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 2,850
Thanks: 3,123
Thanked 3,113 Times in 1,428 Posts
Default

Physically dominate them on the lines. I don't care about pass/run ratio. I care that when we want to run the ball and eat up clock we can. And they cannot.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 12-15-2021, 11:09 AM
HoosierinFL's Avatar
HoosierinFL HoosierinFL is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 2,917
Thanks: 255
Thanked 2,082 Times in 991 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldcolt View Post
Physically dominate them on the lines. I don't care about pass/run ratio. I care that when we want to run the ball and eat up clock we can. And they cannot.
So much this. I want to see an offense that can impose its will on the defense, not one that reacts to what the defense does, which then lets the defense dictate the flow and play-calling.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to HoosierinFL For This Useful Post:
ChoppedWood (12-15-2021)
  #3  
Old 12-15-2021, 11:40 AM
rm1369 rm1369 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 1,294
Thanks: 358
Thanked 972 Times in 534 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoosierinFL View Post
So much this. I want to see an offense that can impose its will on the defense, not one that reacts to what the defense does, which then lets the defense dictate the flow and play-calling.
There is not a team in the league that doesn’t want to be so good at something nobody can stop it. It’s just not realistic every week.

If you want a team that will keep banging away even when it’s not working to the point they eventually wear the other team down you need a defense that is equally as good and keeps you from being in a huge hole by the time you finally “win” the battle of wills. That isn’t this team.

I’m routinely amazed at the constant complaints about one of the best offenses in the league. The only other thing I’ll say is that the best coach in NFL history disagrees with you.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to rm1369 For This Useful Post:
Racehorse (12-15-2021)
  #4  
Old 12-15-2021, 01:24 PM
albany ed albany ed is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Albany, NY
Posts: 2,133
Thanks: 338
Thanked 1,638 Times in 779 Posts
Default

Only Mixon has run the ball more times than JT. 245 to 241.
__________________
Hey, it's your world. I'm just gonna play in it for a while.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:26 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
ColtFreaks.com is in no way affiliated with the Indianapolis Colts, the NFL, or any of their subsidiaries.