ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 11-04-2021, 11:06 AM
Puck's Avatar
Puck Puck is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Fort Wayne
Posts: 8,536
Thanks: 2,237
Thanked 3,411 Times in 1,687 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoosierinFL View Post
If that's true...
It is.

https://coltswire.usatoday.com/2021/...titans-week-8/


And while I agree that Reich has to take the blame for not telling Wentz to just run the damn play. The fault of the lack of running the ball is Wentz trying to be a hero.
__________________
Gonna win it all.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 11-04-2021, 11:32 AM
albany ed albany ed is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Albany, NY
Posts: 2,156
Thanks: 339
Thanked 1,653 Times in 788 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck View Post
It is.

https://coltswire.usatoday.com/2021/...titans-week-8/


And while I agree that Reich has to take the blame for not telling Wentz to just run the damn play. The fault of the lack of running the ball is Wentz trying to be a hero.

Thanks for the info Puck. If Wentz checked out because he wants to be a hero, then Reich needs to get all over his ass. If he checked out because the D was keyed up to stop the run, then OK. That's why it would be interesting to know what happened on the check outs. Were they successful? Were they failures? Half and half? Who knows?
__________________
Hey, it's your world. I'm just gonna play in it for a while.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 11-04-2021, 11:58 AM
ChoppedWood ChoppedWood is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 3,619
Thanks: 4,674
Thanked 3,114 Times in 1,719 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by albany ed View Post
Thanks for the info Puck. If Wentz checked out because he wants to be a hero, then Reich needs to get all over his ass. If he checked out because the D was keyed up to stop the run, then OK. That's why it would be interesting to know what happened on the check outs. Were they successful? Were they failures? Half and half? Who knows?
Reich seems to be okay with it (obviously we have no concept of the truth behind the curtain), and if so, more confirmation that the dude is an idiot.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 11-04-2021, 11:34 AM
Hoopsdoc Hoopsdoc is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 3,494
Thanks: 901
Thanked 3,211 Times in 1,545 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck View Post
It is.

https://coltswire.usatoday.com/2021/...titans-week-8/


And while I agree that Reich has to take the blame for not telling Wentz to just run the damn play. The fault of the lack of running the ball is Wentz trying to be a hero.
Those were the RPO’s Reich alluded to after the game. It’s not a situation where Wentz audibled from a run to a pass, they were read and react plays that just happened to favor throwing the ball.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 11-04-2021, 11:39 AM
rm1369 rm1369 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 1,294
Thanks: 358
Thanked 972 Times in 534 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck View Post
It is.

https://coltswire.usatoday.com/2021/...titans-week-8/


And while I agree that Reich has to take the blame for not telling Wentz to just run the damn play. The fault of the lack of running the ball is Wentz trying to be a hero.
I’ve said I don’t think Wentz is a winner, so I’m not exactly one to defend him. However, without context of what plays he checked out of and the defensive alignment I don’t think we can say it was him playing hero ball. Identifying the defense and getting into a favorable play is good QB play. But we don’t know which it was without more information.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 11-04-2021, 11:43 AM
Hoopsdoc Hoopsdoc is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 3,494
Thanks: 901
Thanked 3,211 Times in 1,545 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rm1369 View Post
I’ve said I don’t think Wentz is a winner, so I’m not exactly one to defend him. However, without context of what plays he checked out of and the defensive alignment I don’t think we can say it was him playing hero ball. Identifying the defense and getting into a favorable play is good QB play. But we don’t know which it was without more information.
To be honest, last week soured me considerably on Wentz. Those ints were not winning plays and I wonder if the folks in Philly weren’t right about him.

Maybe he just doesn’t have what it takes.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 11-04-2021, 12:03 PM
Chromeburn's Avatar
Chromeburn Chromeburn is offline
Post whore
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 5,570
Thanks: 1,480
Thanked 3,919 Times in 2,193 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoopsdoc View Post
To be honest, last week soured me considerably on Wentz. Those ints were not winning plays and I wonder if the folks in Philly weren’t right about him.

Maybe he just doesn’t have what it takes.
I’m going to wait till the end of the season. He’s had some good games and all QBs make mistakes. Really, his play should already have lead to more wins, but a multitude of bad luck and mistakes in other areas have brought us to where we are.
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chromeburn For This Useful Post:
Lov2fish (11-04-2021), Spike (11-04-2021)
  #8  
Old 11-04-2021, 12:11 PM
CletusPyle CletusPyle is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2021
Posts: 4,422
Thanks: 7,214
Thanked 4,209 Times in 2,453 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromeburn View Post
I’m going to wait till the end of the season. He’s had some good games and all QBs make mistakes. Really, his play should already have lead to more wins, but a multitude of bad luck and mistakes in other areas have brought us to where we are.
This is how I feel....besides, just drafting the highest prospect QB available in the draft is no guarantee he is not going to be a bust!
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 11-04-2021, 12:44 PM
Hoopsdoc Hoopsdoc is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 3,494
Thanks: 901
Thanked 3,211 Times in 1,545 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromeburn View Post
I’m going to wait till the end of the season. He’s had some good games and all QBs make mistakes. Really, his play should already have lead to more wins, but a multitude of bad luck and mistakes in other areas have brought us to where we are.
Someone said that int to end the game was the worst read they’ve ever seen an NFL quarterback make and I don’t disagree. That was horrific.

Still, you’re probably right. He just hasn’t shown me he can be more than just a talented guy who will always be not quite good enough.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 11-04-2021, 06:26 PM
Chromeburn's Avatar
Chromeburn Chromeburn is offline
Post whore
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 5,570
Thanks: 1,480
Thanked 3,919 Times in 2,193 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoopsdoc View Post
Someone said that int to end the game was the worst read they’ve ever seen an NFL quarterback make and I don’t disagree. That was horrific.

Still, you’re probably right. He just hasn’t shown me he can be more than just a talented guy who will always be not quite good enough.
I won’t disagree that it was bad, it was, but I’ve seen Peyton and Luck make bad reads too. My biggest worry is that he presses too much, gets tunnel vision in high pressure situations and when forced makes errors.

However with everyone concentrating on his errors bc of last season, I feel we are waiting for them to happen then over analyze. He think he is still over 100 QBR. I want to see the whole picture. I don’t need him to be a franchise QB, just a good one. Throwing 51 times is not his game and shouldn’t be ours.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:40 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
ColtFreaks.com is in no way affiliated with the Indianapolis Colts, the NFL, or any of their subsidiaries.