ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 06-22-2021, 06:29 AM
albany ed albany ed is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Albany, NY
Posts: 2,122
Thanks: 336
Thanked 1,630 Times in 773 Posts
Default Golden Tate?

What do we all think about signing him?
__________________
Hey, it's your world. I'm just gonna play in it for a while.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 06-22-2021, 06:57 AM
JAFF JAFF is offline
Post whore
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Indiana
Posts: 5,056
Thanks: 2,384
Thanked 2,516 Times in 1,415 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by albany ed View Post
What do we all think about signing him?

https://www.pro-football-reference.c...T/TateGo00.htm

I wouldnt. Without considering the cap, he’s an older guy who will take reps away from some young guys we ned to develop for this season and the future.
Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to JAFF For This Useful Post:
Dewey 5 (06-22-2021), Ironshaft (06-23-2021), Oldcolt (06-22-2021), Racehorse (06-22-2021), rcubed (06-22-2021), YDFL Commish (06-22-2021)
  #3  
Old 06-22-2021, 10:58 AM
Chromeburn's Avatar
Chromeburn Chromeburn is offline
Post whore
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 5,558
Thanks: 1,478
Thanked 3,900 Times in 2,183 Posts
Default

I think we could use another vet in there somewhere. If history is an indicator, we may not stay healthy there. However I don’t know if Tate is that guy. Would rather have a big body type. Anyway I think Tate wants to play with Stafford, and I doubt we will sign anyone.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 06-22-2021, 04:55 PM
YDFL Commish YDFL Commish is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Mt. Pleasant Wisconsin
Posts: 4,547
Thanks: 3,303
Thanked 3,498 Times in 1,863 Posts
Default

Let's see how TC and the pre-season shake out before adding anymore vet FA's.

If some of the young guys don't look like serious threats to be positive contributors or injuries' hit a position group, then yes by all means get someone who has a proven track record and can come in and contribute right away.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to YDFL Commish For This Useful Post:
Racehorse (06-22-2021)
  #5  
Old 06-22-2021, 07:22 PM
apballin apballin is offline
Doom -N- Gloom
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 2,550
Thanks: 2,864
Thanked 1,783 Times in 994 Posts
Default

Nah if we’re gonna add any vets bring back Houston
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 06-23-2021, 12:42 PM
Spike's Avatar
Spike Spike is offline
Post whore
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: USA
Posts: 8,350
Thanks: 9,732
Thanked 5,664 Times in 3,090 Posts
Default

Nope.
__________________
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 06-23-2021, 12:49 PM
Spike's Avatar
Spike Spike is offline
Post whore
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: USA
Posts: 8,350
Thanks: 9,732
Thanked 5,664 Times in 3,090 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by apballin View Post
Nah if we’re gonna add any vets bring back Houston
Love to have him back over signing Tate. Totally agree with you. I think we have a great group of young receivers. If we didn't resign Ty, maybe, but not now.
__________________
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 06-23-2021, 07:43 PM
Butter's Avatar
Butter Butter is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 6,684
Thanks: 1,066
Thanked 2,815 Times in 1,460 Posts
Default

I don't think Houston would make a very good WR.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Butter For This Useful Post:
Racehorse (06-24-2021)
  #9  
Old 06-23-2021, 09:02 PM
Chromeburn's Avatar
Chromeburn Chromeburn is offline
Post whore
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 5,558
Thanks: 1,478
Thanked 3,900 Times in 2,183 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butter View Post
I don't think Houston would make a very good WR.
I don’t think we have space for Houston anymore. I think they will cut a guy or two that we do have.

Tate said he’d would like to play here.

https://coltswire.usatoday.com/2021/...d-free-agency/
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 06-25-2021, 08:42 PM
JAFF JAFF is offline
Post whore
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Indiana
Posts: 5,056
Thanks: 2,384
Thanked 2,516 Times in 1,415 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromeburn View Post
I don’t think we have space for Houston anymore. I think they will cut a guy or two that we do have.

Tate said he’d would like to play here.

https://coltswire.usatoday.com/2021/...d-free-agency/
I would love to play in Indy, but Im not holding my breath
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:28 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
ColtFreaks.com is in no way affiliated with the Indianapolis Colts, the NFL, or any of their subsidiaries.