ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #8  
Old 03-17-2021, 11:41 AM
rcubed's Avatar
rcubed rcubed is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 4,138
Thanks: 937
Thanked 1,481 Times in 815 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldcolt View Post
Careers are short in NFL and injury is just around the corner. When you have made yourself into a top ST guy you want to maximize what you can get. And maybe he wants to go somewhere where he can start at safety. You talk as if it were the players, not the owners who treat the players as commodities, who are greedy. Players who played in the era I started to watch have totally fucked up lives now, mental and physically gone. They should get every penny they can while they can. To be clear this is the way it works, I don’t blame the Colts or anyone else for it. I just am not irritated at players for wanting to maximize what they earn.
totally agree that players careers are often short and they should get all they can, when they can. but they also need to be realistic and "know your roll." so the 'disappointed' part of his post is understood. the 'disrespected' part is where I had more of an issue. I dont think the tender is disrespecting him.

I know its two completely different worlds, but I wouldn't mind if my boss said they were going to pay me $2.3M next year but employment may not extend beyond that.
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rcubed For This Useful Post:
Oldcolt (03-17-2021), Racehorse (03-17-2021)
 

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:48 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
ColtFreaks.com is in no way affiliated with the Indianapolis Colts, the NFL, or any of their subsidiaries.