ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 03-13-2021, 04:32 PM
Oldcolt Oldcolt is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 2,851
Thanks: 3,123
Thanked 3,114 Times in 1,428 Posts
Default

Trent Williams would be awesome. I just don't think he would be worth the money for us. It will probably be between 17-20 million a year. We have a great offensive line. Having Williams vs just an average LT will not make us that much better, in my opinion and will decrease what we have available for the rest of the team. If we are going to break the bank for a player (and I do not want us to do it) I think it should be DE. THAT (a great pass rushing DE) would be transformational.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Oldcolt For This Useful Post:
rcubed (03-13-2021)
  #2  
Old 03-13-2021, 05:46 PM
apballin apballin is offline
Doom -N- Gloom
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 2,551
Thanks: 2,870
Thanked 1,785 Times in 995 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldcolt View Post
Trent Williams would be awesome. I just don't think he would be worth the money for us. It will probably be between 17-20 million a year. We have a great offensive line. Having Williams vs just an average LT will not make us that much better, in my opinion and will decrease what we have available for the rest of the team. If we are going to break the bank for a player (and I do not want us to do it) I think it should be DE. THAT (a great pass rushing DE) would be transformational.
Can go a lot of different directions I just feel like Trent Williams is the best free agent available the only DE worth considering throwing big money at is Shaq Barrett and while either would make the team better I’d rather have the O-line no team wants to go against. Could always draft a DE or sign one of the less expensive guys
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 03-13-2021, 06:26 PM
Dam8610 Dam8610 is offline
Post whore
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 6,622
Thanks: 120
Thanked 2,275 Times in 1,280 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by apballin View Post
Can go a lot of different directions I just feel like Trent Williams is the best free agent available the only DE worth considering throwing big money at is Shaq Barrett and while either would make the team better I’d rather have the O-line no team wants to go against. Could always draft a DE or sign one of the less expensive guys
Ngakoue and Dupree would be worth large contracts, and so would Lawson the way the Colts value pressures. Despite only 5.5 sacks, Lawson had 44 total pressures last year, or nearly 3 per game.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by omahacolt View Post
i was wrong.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Dam8610 For This Useful Post:
Spike (03-13-2021)
  #4  
Old 03-13-2021, 06:31 PM
Dam8610 Dam8610 is offline
Post whore
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 6,622
Thanks: 120
Thanked 2,275 Times in 1,280 Posts
Default

For reference, TJ Watt had 61 pressures, no one else had more than 45, and Lawson's 44 is tied for 4th best in the NFL.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by omahacolt View Post
i was wrong.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 03-13-2021, 06:54 PM
Spike's Avatar
Spike Spike is offline
Post whore
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: USA
Posts: 8,350
Thanks: 9,740
Thanked 5,664 Times in 3,090 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dam8610 View Post
Ngakoue and Dupree would be worth large contracts, and so would Lawson the way the Colts value pressures. Despite only 5.5 sacks, Lawson had 44 total pressures last year, or nearly 3 per game.
I like Lawson a lot. He is one fast MO-FO!
__________________
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 03-13-2021, 07:19 PM
YDFL Commish YDFL Commish is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Mt. Pleasant Wisconsin
Posts: 4,550
Thanks: 3,311
Thanked 3,508 Times in 1,868 Posts
Default

Draft the LT and bring in mid-level FA LT as insurance. Get Edge in FA. I trust Ballard to get the right guy there. Bring back Rhodes. Sign 1 FA WR (Brown or Hilton). Look hard at TE in the draft Pitts or Freiermuth.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 03-13-2021, 10:35 PM
Chromeburn's Avatar
Chromeburn Chromeburn is offline
Post whore
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 5,561
Thanks: 1,478
Thanked 3,903 Times in 2,185 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by apballin View Post
Can go a lot of different directions I just feel like Trent Williams is the best free agent available the only DE worth considering throwing big money at is Shaq Barrett and while either would make the team better I’d rather have the O-line no team wants to go against. Could always draft a DE or sign one of the less expensive guys
Everyone wants to talk about Brady. But defense won the Super Bowl. We need more passrush. We got the 3-tech solved, but passrush will improve that secondary. Don’t really care how they do it. But it needs to be fixed.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Chromeburn For This Useful Post:
Racehorse (03-14-2021)
  #8  
Old 03-14-2021, 12:18 AM
apballin apballin is offline
Doom -N- Gloom
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 2,551
Thanks: 2,870
Thanked 1,785 Times in 995 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromeburn View Post
Everyone wants to talk about Brady. But defense won the Super Bowl. We need more passrush. We got the 3-tech solved, but passrush will improve that secondary. Don’t really care how they do it. But it needs to be fixed.
All I know is that would be a legendary left side of the line. So until it’s not a possibility I’m gonna hope for it but we’re in a great position either way
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 03-14-2021, 12:56 AM
Dam8610 Dam8610 is offline
Post whore
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 6,622
Thanks: 120
Thanked 2,275 Times in 1,280 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike View Post
I like Lawson a lot. He is one fast MO-FO!
I think he's the type of player that fits the Colts well and Ballard will target.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YDFL Commish View Post
Draft the LT and bring in mid-level FA LT as insurance. Get Edge in FA. I trust Ballard to get the right guy there. Bring back Rhodes. Sign 1 FA WR (Brown or Hilton). Look hard at TE in the draft Pitts or Freiermuth.
I advocate signing free agents and drafting future players for both LT and DE if the value is right. That's going to be a lot harder to achieve at DE.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromeburn View Post
Everyone wants to talk about Brady. But defense won the Super Bowl. We need more passrush. We got the 3-tech solved, but passrush will improve that secondary. Don’t really care how they do it. But it needs to be fixed.
The Bucs pass rush and the Chiefs not having their starting OTs was the difference in that game. I'd like to see Ballard get Ngakoue and Lawson early then bargain shop for a third piece at DE.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by omahacolt View Post
i was wrong.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 03-14-2021, 09:10 PM
apballin apballin is offline
Doom -N- Gloom
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 2,551
Thanks: 2,870
Thanked 1,785 Times in 995 Posts
Default

Honestly we have an opportunity to have the best guard and possibly the best LT in football on the same dam line, drafting a LT you may get a serviceable guy but I’m talking Blue Wall shit here this could be epic
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:22 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
ColtFreaks.com is in no way affiliated with the Indianapolis Colts, the NFL, or any of their subsidiaries.