ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 02-22-2021, 07:53 PM
AlwaysSunnyinIndy AlwaysSunnyinIndy is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Posts: 2,619
Thanks: 783
Thanked 3,345 Times in 1,455 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromeburn View Post
You don’t see that many, then
I think Puck was saying that there aren't many options value-wise at the spot where the Colts are drafting.

The Colts draft at #21. There are no OT's listed between 17 and 27.

Darrisaw could be there. If Darrisaw is already picked, and the Colts select a OT at #21, the Colts will likely be drafting for need and not BPA. The Colts could potentially trade back a few spots and still pick up one of the next group of OT's in the late 20's - early 30's.

Of course, the draft board order will change 20 times between now and draft day.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to AlwaysSunnyinIndy For This Useful Post:
Puck (02-22-2021)
  #2  
Old 02-22-2021, 07:55 PM
Puck's Avatar
Puck Puck is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Fort Wayne
Posts: 8,535
Thanks: 2,237
Thanked 3,411 Times in 1,687 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlwaysSunnyinIndy View Post
I think Puck was saying that there aren't many options value-wise at the spot where the Colts are drafting.

The Colts draft at #21. There are no OT's listed between 17 and 27.

Darrisaw could be there. If Darrisaw is already picked, and the Colts select a OT at #21, the Colts will likely be drafting for need and not BPA. The Colts could potentially trade back a few spots and still pick up one of the next group of OT's in the late 20's - early 30's.

Of course, the draft board order will change 20 times between now and draft day.
I really like Some of the edge guys and CB’s that could be available But the talking heads think Ballard is going all in for FA pass rush this yr.
__________________
Gonna win it all.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 02-23-2021, 12:11 AM
Chromeburn's Avatar
Chromeburn Chromeburn is offline
Post whore
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 5,561
Thanks: 1,478
Thanked 3,903 Times in 2,185 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck View Post
I really like Some of the edge guys and CB’s that could be available But the talking heads think Ballard is going all in for FA pass rush this yr.
I think that also. It’s a really good FA edge class. Plus all the teams over the cap. Even with Wentz we still have like 50 million plus. He could draft more edge, but I think we just do more waiting with a rookie. I can see him drafting Cb though. I think we go FA WR also.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Chromeburn For This Useful Post:
TheMugwump (02-23-2021)
  #4  
Old 02-23-2021, 02:21 PM
TheMugwump's Avatar
TheMugwump TheMugwump is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Posts: 2,389
Thanks: 2,022
Thanked 2,199 Times in 1,224 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromeburn View Post
I think that also. It’s a really good FA edge class. Plus all the teams over the cap. Even with Wentz we still have like 50 million plus. He could draft more edge, but I think we just do more waiting with a rookie. I can see him drafting Cb though. I think we go FA WR also.
Agree. OT and CB with the first two picks, whether he moves down or not. Then he'll add another WR and DE in there somewhere. Maybe even a safety to be #4 behind Odum.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 02-23-2021, 09:29 PM
Dam8610 Dam8610 is offline
Post whore
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 6,622
Thanks: 120
Thanked 2,275 Times in 1,280 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck View Post
I really like Some of the edge guys and CB’s that could be available But the talking heads think Ballard is going all in for FA pass rush this yr.
If they go edge at 21 or in a trade down, I'm partial to Azeez Ojulari. Elite traits, displays good technique already, production in the SEC, and his first NFL season will be his age 21 season. If they didn't need a LT so badly, he'd be unquestionably the guy I'd want the Colts to draft.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by omahacolt View Post
i was wrong.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 02-23-2021, 09:45 PM
Chromeburn's Avatar
Chromeburn Chromeburn is offline
Post whore
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 5,561
Thanks: 1,478
Thanked 3,903 Times in 2,185 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dam8610 View Post
If they go edge at 21 or in a trade down, I'm partial to Azeez Ojulari. Elite traits, displays good technique already, production in the SEC, and his first NFL season will be his age 21 season. If they didn't need a LT so badly, he'd be unquestionably the guy I'd want the Colts to draft.
I like him also, but I wonder if he is too light for what they want. I bet he is pushing 230
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 02-23-2021, 12:09 AM
Chromeburn's Avatar
Chromeburn Chromeburn is offline
Post whore
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 5,561
Thanks: 1,478
Thanked 3,903 Times in 2,185 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlwaysSunnyinIndy View Post
I think Puck was saying that there aren't many options value-wise at the spot where the Colts are drafting.

The Colts draft at #21. There are no OT's listed between 17 and 27.

Darrisaw could be there. If Darrisaw is already picked, and the Colts select a OT at #21, the Colts will likely be drafting for need and not BPA. The Colts could potentially trade back a few spots and still pick up one of the next group of OT's in the late 20's - early 30's.

Of course, the draft board order will change 20 times between now and draft day.
That’s pretty subjective. Lists will range all over the place with this group. For example after the top two options will start to differ.

https://www.pff.com/news/draft-2021-...ackle-rankings

I do know it’s a position you shouldn’t get cute with. Just draft the best one you can. Hopefully you get a guy who can fill the position for ten years+.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Chromeburn For This Useful Post:
TheMugwump (02-23-2021)
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:58 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
ColtFreaks.com is in no way affiliated with the Indianapolis Colts, the NFL, or any of their subsidiaries.