ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 02-18-2021, 08:26 PM
rm1369 rm1369 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 1,294
Thanks: 358
Thanked 972 Times in 534 Posts
Default

I would have preferred Darnold, but overall this is a decent deal. Especially if you believe in Reich, which I do.
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rm1369 For This Useful Post:
Dewey 5 (02-19-2021), TheMugwump (02-18-2021)
  #2  
Old 02-18-2021, 09:01 PM
YDFL Commish YDFL Commish is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Mt. Pleasant Wisconsin
Posts: 4,550
Thanks: 3,311
Thanked 3,507 Times in 1,867 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rm1369 View Post
I would have preferred Darnold, but overall this is a decent deal. Especially if you believe in Reich, which I do.
Darnold? Because he has done what?
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 02-18-2021, 09:14 PM
Maniac's Avatar
Maniac Maniac is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Home
Posts: 1,772
Thanks: 782
Thanked 1,304 Times in 712 Posts
Default

Well, I trust in Ballard, so hopefully Wentz can return to form. As far as the trade goes, it's about as low risk of a trade as you can make. I just hope he works out so it's not a wasted year or two.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 02-18-2021, 09:18 PM
Butter's Avatar
Butter Butter is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 6,684
Thanks: 1,066
Thanked 2,815 Times in 1,460 Posts
Default

The risk to reward seems ok in this deal, Wentz has a lot of issues to work out, hopefully Frank can do it.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 02-18-2021, 09:49 PM
rm1369 rm1369 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 1,294
Thanks: 358
Thanked 972 Times in 534 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by YDFL Commish View Post
Darnold? Because he has done what?
Been on a bad Jets team? I don’t think he’s had an opportunity to develop. Wentz has a bad injury history and questions about his coachability and locker room presence. I trust Reich to know how real / how bad the latter two are, so I’m fine with the deal. But those are huge red flags for a QB. Absent Reich’s first hand knowledge I’d take the guy that I don’t think has been given a chance
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 02-18-2021, 11:33 PM
TheMugwump's Avatar
TheMugwump TheMugwump is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Posts: 2,389
Thanks: 2,022
Thanked 2,199 Times in 1,224 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by YDFL Commish View Post
Darnold? Because he has done what?
He's seven years younger, has never had good coaching, has just as good of an arm, and is more athletic.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 02-19-2021, 01:43 AM
Dam8610 Dam8610 is offline
Post whore
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 6,622
Thanks: 120
Thanked 2,275 Times in 1,280 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMugwump View Post
He's seven years younger, has never had good coaching, has just as good of an arm, and is more athletic.
December 30, 1992 to June 5, 1997 is approximately 4.5 years, not 7.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by omahacolt View Post
i was wrong.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Dam8610 For This Useful Post:
Spike (02-19-2021)
  #8  
Old 02-19-2021, 07:18 PM
TheMugwump's Avatar
TheMugwump TheMugwump is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Posts: 2,389
Thanks: 2,022
Thanked 2,199 Times in 1,224 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dam8610 View Post
December 30, 1992 to June 5, 1997 is approximately 4.5 years, not 7.
You're right, I didn't do my research. I know Sam is 23. I kept reading that Wentz was 30, or almost 30. I guess I read wrong.

Still, younger is better, IMO, if a QB is going to be a long-term franchise QB.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 02-19-2021, 09:31 PM
Dam8610 Dam8610 is offline
Post whore
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 6,622
Thanks: 120
Thanked 2,275 Times in 1,280 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMugwump View Post
You're right, I didn't do my research. I know Sam is 23. I kept reading that Wentz was 30, or almost 30. I guess I read wrong.

Still, younger is better, IMO, if a QB is going to be a long-term franchise QB.
Franchise QBs can play to 40 these days. Having the guy that Ballard and Reich believe they can fix and turn into an upper tier guy for 10 or so years is better than having a guy they're not as sure about for 15 or so years.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by omahacolt View Post
i was wrong.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 02-19-2021, 09:55 PM
Oldcolt Oldcolt is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 2,850
Thanks: 3,123
Thanked 3,113 Times in 1,428 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dam8610 View Post
Franchise QBs can play to 40 these days. Having the guy that Ballard and Reich believe they can fix and turn into an upper tier guy for 10 or so years is better than having a guy they're not as sure about for 15 or so years.
Well it’s nice that we don’t have to choose, we apparently have both
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:32 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
ColtFreaks.com is in no way affiliated with the Indianapolis Colts, the NFL, or any of their subsidiaries.