ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 01-24-2021, 11:12 AM
Coltsalr's Avatar
Coltsalr Coltsalr is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Baltimore, MD
Posts: 4,876
Thanks: 653
Thanked 697 Times in 353 Posts
Default

Do we theoretically have to wait until the beginning of the new league year before making the trade?
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 01-24-2021, 11:32 AM
JAFF JAFF is offline
Post whore
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Indiana
Posts: 5,056
Thanks: 2,384
Thanked 2,516 Times in 1,415 Posts
Default

Does stafford have any choice? Maybe he wouldnt want to go to Chicago (as an example)
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 01-24-2021, 11:39 AM
Coltsalr's Avatar
Coltsalr Coltsalr is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Baltimore, MD
Posts: 4,876
Thanks: 653
Thanked 697 Times in 353 Posts
Default

@mlombardiNFL
With the cap going down, the places Matthew Stafford will play next year are not a many as might suspect. will be at least 3-4. He will redo his deal after the trade, but the new team will need 20 million of cap room to take on his current deal. The cap will impact this trade
Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Coltsalr For This Useful Post:
Racehorse (01-24-2021), Spike (01-24-2021), TheMugwump (01-24-2021)
  #4  
Old 01-24-2021, 12:37 PM
apballin apballin is offline
Doom -N- Gloom
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 2,572
Thanks: 2,881
Thanked 1,804 Times in 1,008 Posts
Default

I’d still rather have someone on a rookie deal
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 01-24-2021, 01:20 PM
JAFF JAFF is offline
Post whore
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Indiana
Posts: 5,056
Thanks: 2,384
Thanked 2,516 Times in 1,415 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by apballin View Post
I’d still rather have someone on a rookie deal
And I want a bottle of Blantons for less than $ 20 but that aint happening
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JAFF For This Useful Post:
Dewey 5 (01-24-2021), Maniac (01-24-2021)
  #6  
Old 01-24-2021, 02:06 PM
apballin apballin is offline
Doom -N- Gloom
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 2,572
Thanks: 2,881
Thanked 1,804 Times in 1,008 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAFF View Post
And I want a bottle of Blantons for less than $ 20 but that aint happening
Trade for a guy on a rookie deal or.... draft your guy in the first round
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 01-24-2021, 02:10 PM
Mr. Session's Avatar
Mr. Session Mr. Session is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 929
Thanks: 420
Thanked 776 Times in 364 Posts
Default

I was uncomfortable, not opposed - just uncomfortable, with Ballard pulling the trigger on Buckner and it's proven to be solid.

I am uncomfortable with trading a lot of draft value to Detroit.

If Ballard was to do this, I think he's proven he deserves the benefit of the doubt, but I get that same uneasy feeling I had with Buckner. I think I'm okay with the first round pick, but anything after that...
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 01-24-2021, 03:24 PM
Spike's Avatar
Spike Spike is offline
Post whore
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: USA
Posts: 8,366
Thanks: 9,756
Thanked 5,678 Times in 3,101 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by apballin View Post
I’d still rather have someone on a rookie deal
And who would that be?

Not getting Lawrence and picking 21st doesn't give us many options, obviously Eason isn't ready yet and may never be.

I wouldn't give up 2 firsts for for any other QB coming out of the draft this year.

Sam Darnold? No thanks
__________________
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 01-24-2021, 03:36 PM
apballin apballin is offline
Doom -N- Gloom
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 2,572
Thanks: 2,881
Thanked 1,804 Times in 1,008 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike View Post
And who would that be?

Not getting Lawrence and picking 21st doesn't give us many options, obviously Eason isn't ready yet and may never be.

I wouldn't give up 2 firsts for for any other QB coming out of the draft this year.

Sam Darnold? No thanks
Mac Jones?

I just don’t wanna turn into the franchise that gets the aging QB at the end of his career that’s only gonna be here a year or 2 and we have to re sign Nelson and Leonard very soon
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 01-24-2021, 06:19 PM
Chromeburn's Avatar
Chromeburn Chromeburn is offline
Post whore
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 5,570
Thanks: 1,480
Thanked 3,919 Times in 2,193 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by apballin View Post
Mac Jones?

I just don’t wanna turn into the franchise that gets the aging QB at the end of his career that’s only gonna be here a year or 2 and we have to re sign Nelson and Leonard very soon
I don’t want to be the franchise for every aging QB’s last shot. So stafford plays his contract, then who is next? Rodgers?
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:03 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
ColtFreaks.com is in no way affiliated with the Indianapolis Colts, the NFL, or any of their subsidiaries.