ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #29  
Old 10-21-2020, 08:54 PM
Chromeburn's Avatar
Chromeburn Chromeburn is offline
Post whore
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 5,561
Thanks: 1,478
Thanked 3,903 Times in 2,185 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dam8610 View Post
Do you have an example of a game that illustrates this? Because my biggest issues with him are his quickness to give up on passing and his general reading of defenses (he sometimes misses wide open looks). But I've generally seen an NFL arm with good ball placement in his film.
So Lance will be pretty dependent on his pro day and combine. But he is such an athlete that those should be in his favor.

But my concern is his accuracy and I’m going off the pff metric explained here: QB accuracy metric explained. I think it is a better evaluation tool than just attempts / completions which really doesn’t tell the whole story. Using that metric his completion is 50% which doesn’t project well to the NFL where you need to be very accurate. Burrow last year posted the highest accuracy rating they have had since they started using this, which is partly why I was so bullish on him. Then the one game he played this season he was only at 28% which wasn’t the best debut. I don’t like using one game as a measure but it’s all we have to go on.

He certainly has the arm strength and his running will be a definite asset. Defenses have a lot of trouble with QBs of his type. But I wanted 60% accuracy from him, that is usually the break point. And I just haven’t seen it yet.
Reply With Quote
 

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:54 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
ColtFreaks.com is in no way affiliated with the Indianapolis Colts, the NFL, or any of their subsidiaries.