ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #16  
Old 03-03-2020, 02:06 PM
rm1369 rm1369 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 1,294
Thanks: 357
Thanked 972 Times in 534 Posts
Default

I won’t have an issue with a WR at 13, I’m just not sure WR will be the best value with the depth available at the position in this draft.

How much sense it makes for overall team building to me largely depends what they’re overall offseason plan is. If they switch to win now mode, sign Rivers, AND spend money on other meaningful FAs then I agree that WR makes more sense. However if we are still in build through the draft mode and not aggressively trying to compete this year then I see more long term value at OT than WR. Yes we have AC, but we also have a pretty clear indication that is probably a year to year proposition. Smith may be a good RT, but he struggles with speed rushers and just is not a viable option at LT. And even the run game sucked with AC out. I just don’t like the unknown at LT with grooming a QB. I understand the concerns about the investments in the OL, but to me you can’t let that dictate what you do at LT. The position is way to important- especially to the success of a young QB.
Reply With Quote
 

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:48 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
ColtFreaks.com is in no way affiliated with the Indianapolis Colts, the NFL, or any of their subsidiaries.