ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #5  
Old 02-09-2020, 11:38 PM
YDFL Commish YDFL Commish is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Mt. Pleasant Wisconsin
Posts: 4,550
Thanks: 3,311
Thanked 3,507 Times in 1,867 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlwaysSunnyinIndy View Post
Did anyone watch any of the XFL games? [I didn't]

I might try to see one next weekend. I wanted to see the modified kickoff rules in action. I wonder if this is something that the NFL will consider sometime in the future. The NFL changed their rules on kickoffs to increase the number of touchbacks and limit the number of dangerous hits. It almost has made the kickoff irrelevant.

It appears the XFL rule encourages more kick returns but eliminates the 30 yard sprint and collision. The kicker and returner are offset from the rest of the coverage and return teams. The coverage and return teams are not allowed to move until the ball is caught by the returner or the ball hits the ground and 3 seconds pass.

Here is a video of the first kickoff of the season:

https://twitter.com/xfl2020/status/1226221813769916418
I like it. It certainly beats eliminating the kickoff completely.
Reply With Quote
 

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:21 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
ColtFreaks.com is in no way affiliated with the Indianapolis Colts, the NFL, or any of their subsidiaries.