ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 09-18-2019, 05:43 PM
YDFL Commish YDFL Commish is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Mt. Pleasant Wisconsin
Posts: 4,550
Thanks: 3,311
Thanked 3,508 Times in 1,868 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeveJones007 View Post

P.S. - I didn't address the INT above, but it's worth mentioning briefly. It was Cover-1 (man) from the Titans on 3rd and medium. None of the receivers were open and Brissett took a chance and forced one to Hilton. I was fine with that decision in that down and distance. The defender just made a nice play. It would've been nice to have Funchess on that play, as he's a mismatch in most press situations.
Please correct me if I'm wrong, but on the int, I thought the ball was a little behind TY? If that's on the outside shoulder, then it's a completion.

Also I noticed one play to Cain, where if he comes back to the ball it would likely have been a completion.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 09-18-2019, 05:47 PM
Racehorse's Avatar
Racehorse Racehorse is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: God's green Earth
Posts: 14,453
Thanks: 23,278
Thanked 5,982 Times in 3,406 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by YDFL Commish View Post
Please correct me if I'm wrong, but on the int, I thought the ball was a little behind TY? If that's on the outside shoulder, then it's a completion.

Also I noticed one play to Cain, where if he comes back to the ball it would likely have been a completion.
Yes, it was placed a little too far inside, but it still took a great defensive play to make the INT. Two feet further outside and it is a completion. That is just how accurate an NFL QB must be at times.
__________________
Keep your political crap out of a football forum! Nobody here gives a rat's a**
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Racehorse For This Useful Post:
VeveJones007 (09-18-2019)
  #3  
Old 09-18-2019, 06:26 PM
VeveJones007 VeveJones007 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 3,111
Thanks: 1,209
Thanked 1,114 Times in 612 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by YDFL Commish View Post
Please correct me if I'm wrong, but on the int, I thought the ball was a little behind TY? If that's on the outside shoulder, then it's a completion.

Also I noticed one play to Cain, where if he comes back to the ball it would likely have been a completion.
It was maybe 1 foot off. I didn’t knock him for it, but a perfect throw is possibly complete, more likely a pass defensed.

The Cain throw was a split second late. I don’t think their timing is where it will be later in the year.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to VeveJones007 For This Useful Post:
JAFF (09-18-2019)
  #4  
Old 11-25-2019, 08:41 PM
VeveJones007 VeveJones007 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 3,111
Thanks: 1,209
Thanked 1,114 Times in 612 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeveJones007 View Post
It was maybe 1 foot off. I didn’t knock him for it, but a perfect throw is possibly complete, more likely a pass defensed.

The Cain throw was a split second late. I don’t think their timing is where it will be later in the year.
BTW, on another viewing, I'm putting that INT somewhat more on Brissett. The defender made a great play, but the throw was a split-second too late.

The Cain throw was similar, but Cain needed to work back to the ball. He just stood there waiting on the ball and let the defender make a play.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:10 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
ColtFreaks.com is in no way affiliated with the Indianapolis Colts, the NFL, or any of their subsidiaries.