![]() |
|
|
|
|
#1
|
||||
|
||||
|
I guess it comes down to his practicing for me. If the guy is fine in practice, but is just melting down in the games, then it’s a mental issue. And I have full confidence that Vinatieri can dig himself out of a mental hole. If he’s just as inaccurate in practice, however, I’d say it’s time to hang ‘em up.
|
|
#2
|
|||
|
|||
|
Quote:
__________________
Hey, it's your world. I'm just gonna play in it for a while.
|
|
#3
|
|||
|
|||
|
1. I will always have admiration and respect for AV. True champion.
2. He knows he is done and we know he is done. so that just leaves... 3. Either IR that leads to retirement or just straight call it quits.
__________________
Go Colts! Stu |
|
#4
|
||||
|
||||
|
Guy hit a 61 yarder in pre game warm ups. Might be a case of the yips. Everyone wants to shuffle him off but grass may not be greener with some dude off the street.
|
| The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chromeburn For This Useful Post: | ||
AlwaysSunnyinIndy (09-16-2019), Chaka (09-16-2019) | ||
|
#5
|
|||
|
|||
|
I am not advocating for the guy to shuffle off IF he gets this turned around. I am saying time may be catching up to him in a hurry. A long FG in practice with no noise or rush is one thing, game time is another. It could be that the long practice FGs wear him down or perhaps he has an unlisted injury. I would love to see him get back to Mr. Automatic, don't get me wrong. I just feel like we are watching to end of a HOF career.
__________________
Go Colts! Stu |
|
#6
|
|||
|
|||
|
Quote:
AV downplayed the injury talk after the first game. Reich did the same. However, the injuries may now be healed or at a point where it is "good enough to go and play football" but he may have developed a few hitches in his normal mechanics to compensate for the injury. He mentioned that he saw a few problems with his mechanics when he reviewed the video of Game 1. |
|
#7
|
||||
|
||||
|
Quote:
|
|
#8
|
|||
|
|||
|
I’d MUCH MUCH rather take my chances that Vinny figures this out than bring in some dude off the street.
|
| The Following User Says Thank You to Hoopsdoc For This Useful Post: | ||
Chromeburn (09-16-2019) | ||
|
#9
|
||||
|
||||
|
I would much rather they let Sanchez take over PK duties instead of continuing to struggle there. It almost cost this team 2 games already.
|
|
#10
|
|||
|
|||
|
You are saying you want to go into a live contest with a guy who has never kicked a FG in the NFL than with the greatest kicker of all time. Sanchez kicking would also necessitate a new holder as well.
|
![]() |
| Thread Tools | |
| Display Modes | |
|
|