ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 09-07-2019, 08:37 AM
omahacolt's Avatar
omahacolt omahacolt is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 8,702
Thanks: 1,726
Thanked 4,948 Times in 2,021 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nate505 View Post
Perhaps I'm very overly optimistic this season (like I was in 2017 when Luck was gone, and we all know how that season turned out), but I really think they'll go 10-6 this year. The coaching staff has a clue and the Colts, other than the admittedly significant QB position, are pretty stacked on both sides of the ball. And I really think the coaching staff will work with JB to get all they can out of him.

Wins
Houston (Home)
Tennessee (Home)
Tennessee (Away)
Jags (Home)
Jags (Away)
Oakland (Home)
Miami (Home)
Tampa (Away)
Carolina (Home)
Broncos (Home)

Losses
Kansas City (Away)
LA Chargers (Away)
New Orleans (Away)
Houston (Away)
Atlanta (Home)
Steelers (Away)
I would guess 10-6 is the max. Likely 8-8 or 9-7 if healthy
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 09-07-2019, 12:43 PM
nate505 nate505 is offline
Post whore
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 5,429
Thanks: 2,698
Thanked 3,375 Times in 1,946 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by omahacolt View Post
I would guess 10-6 is the max. Likely 8-8 or 9-7 if healthy
For sure, 10 wins is the high end and I'm being fairly optimistic. Still, it at least seems realistic. Unlike say 12 wins which while I guess is possible I just can't see it.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 09-07-2019, 01:13 PM
YDFL Commish YDFL Commish is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Mt. Pleasant Wisconsin
Posts: 4,555
Thanks: 3,312
Thanked 3,511 Times in 1,870 Posts
Default

This all really depends more on the defense, the running game and the O-Line, more than it does Brissett or the passing game. I'm not worried about Brisett turning the ball over. He's shown that he's pretty good in that area.

We will get our yards through the air. But if we can get a 10% increase in the running game and again produce 30+ turnovers, while getting a slight bump in sacks, along with a little better pass defense, then this is a 10 win team or more.
Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to YDFL Commish For This Useful Post:
Oldcolt (09-07-2019), Racehorse (09-07-2019), VeveJones007 (09-07-2019)
  #4  
Old 09-08-2019, 10:40 AM
DrSpaceman DrSpaceman is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 3,349
Thanks: 212
Thanked 674 Times in 311 Posts
Default

I can see anywhere from 6-10 wins for this team

I expect it will be 8 or 9, flirting with a wild card spot but may not make it.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:25 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
ColtFreaks.com is in no way affiliated with the Indianapolis Colts, the NFL, or any of their subsidiaries.