ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #10  
Old 08-30-2019, 12:27 PM
VeveJones007 VeveJones007 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 3,111
Thanks: 1,209
Thanked 1,114 Times in 612 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldcolt View Post
I want to see if Brissett steps up in the playoffs before I pay him. I loved watching Luck play because he was a physical freak who made plays that just seemed unbelievable. Objectively, however, he wasn't as good a playoff qb as he was in regular season. Quarterback rating are not the be all but Luck's drop off from regular season was much more pronounced that either Manning or Brady (a class we all thought he belonged in). Manning/Brady both dropped about 6 points on rating from regular season to playoffs, Luck dropped 16 points. I want a qb that thrives in playoff atmosphere and is devastated when we lose. I want a sore loser as my qb. I have no idea if Brissett is that guy but want to know before we sign him long term.
I wouldn't read much into those stats. Most seasons, the team around Luck in the playoffs wasn't any good. I bet if you controlled for his regular season rating against other top tier teams, the rating would be pretty similar.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to VeveJones007 For This Useful Post:
Racehorse (08-30-2019)
 

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:02 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
ColtFreaks.com is in no way affiliated with the Indianapolis Colts, the NFL, or any of their subsidiaries.