ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #37  
Old 08-14-2019, 11:38 AM
Chromeburn's Avatar
Chromeburn Chromeburn is offline
Post whore
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 5,570
Thanks: 1,480
Thanked 3,919 Times in 2,193 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pez View Post
I am going to be optimistic with you here. It really depends on when the injury occurred. Piece a couple things together and Luck spilled the beans about two weeks ago when he said on July 31:

“I say lower leg because I feel pain in my ankle area and calf-strain,” Luc told reporters Tuesday. “I guess I’ll get a little specific – I’ve had images, X-rays and everything. My Achilles is not an extra risk. There is no tear or swelling or anything that’s indicated. So, it’s a calf-strain and we’re on our feet a lot.”

Key here is that pain in the ankle area AND calf-strain, as if two separate issues. Also, he mentions xrays and images separately. If were talking about a soft tissue injury like a calf strains, an xray would privde no insight into such. If you are getting an xray, there is a bone injury or they are looking for a bone injury.

Bone injuries take between 6-8 weeks to heal, as long as they are healing and don't need to be re-injured through surgery. If he doesnt require surgery, it's been healing for at least 2 weeks and he will be back around week 2-3. If he does require surgery, he will miss at least half the season.
Maybe they are looking for a bone spur, or maybe they are exploratory. I do know that doctors will pile on tests in order to figure something out. Partly because we live in a litigious society and they don't want to expose themselves to negligence. Luck has said he has played with way worse. I think the Colts want to get out of camp with as few injuries as possible and I think Luck cares more about week 1 than camp reps. I guess we will see, but I do think with the lack of other news this fills the vacuum, and that leads to conjecture and conspiracy theories.

Hopefully this isn't the case, I guess we will see.
Reply With Quote
 

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:14 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
ColtFreaks.com is in no way affiliated with the Indianapolis Colts, the NFL, or any of their subsidiaries.