ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #2  
Old 05-03-2017, 10:15 AM
sherck's Avatar
sherck sherck is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Dayton, Ohio
Posts: 4,011
Thanks: 2,775
Thanked 1,699 Times in 731 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatDT View Post
I am sure you all remember how Pagano wanted both safeties to play both positions. He wanted interchangeable pieces. It never worked, and Bethea was stuck doing too much (again) while the other safety sucked wherever he was.

My impression was that this went away some last year. And with Hooker getting drafted, surely it'll go away entirely. Right? Pagano has to have given up on this and can see that Hooker is a deep FS and Geathers is a clear box safety. Right?
I would agree. I think the interchangeable thing is in the past. After the season, I think Pagano is on record as saying that they were asking Green to learn "too much" his rookie year. It slowed down his development.

Hooker and Adams at FS with Geathers and Green at SS in 2017. That is a depth chart that I can get excited about with both experience (Adams, Geathers) as well as young, but untested, athletic talent (Hooker, Green).

I think they learn their lesson with Hooker and keep him as the "deep" man from day one.

Cheers,
__________________
==============
Thad
The future is so bright; I gotta triple up!
Reply With Quote
 

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:07 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
ColtFreaks.com is in no way affiliated with the Indianapolis Colts, the NFL, or any of their subsidiaries.