ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #11  
Old 06-10-2019, 05:19 PM
IndyNorm's Avatar
IndyNorm IndyNorm is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 2,795
Thanks: 1,760
Thanked 1,936 Times in 1,090 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaka View Post
Those are all fair and reasonable points. I’m still not sure about Houston’s guarantees, however. According to Spotrac, he’s guaranteed $18.5M over two years, with a total contract of $23M. Included within this are the so-called “roster bonuses” of $13M for 2019 and $1M for 2020.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/indianap...-houston-7789/

Dam had it out with me a month or two ago about these bonuses (specifically the $1M bonus in 2020) and whether it is actually guaranteed, but other than the fact that it’s labeled “roster bonus” I don’t see anywhere to suggest that this isn’t fully guaranteed. I realize the term "roster bonus" implies otherwise, but according to Spotrac, his contract would have a dead cap value of $18.5 million if we cut him, so that appears to include both the 2020 roster bonus and the $3.5 million of the 2020 contract.

Ultimately, we'd have to see the actual contract to resolve this dispute, but until then I'll go with Spotrac.
I was going off Over the Cap's numbers on his contract, which shows only $1M guaranteed next year.

https://overthecap.com/player/justin-houston/517/

If he is indeed guaranteed $4.5M next year it's not as reasonable as I thought, but still not bad since it won't hurt us long term if we release him prior to '20.
Reply With Quote
 

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:10 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
ColtFreaks.com is in no way affiliated with the Indianapolis Colts, the NFL, or any of their subsidiaries.