ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #11  
Old 03-05-2019, 08:43 AM
sherck's Avatar
sherck sherck is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Dayton, Ohio
Posts: 4,011
Thanks: 2,775
Thanked 1,699 Times in 731 Posts
Default

So, looking down a list of "best free agents" available in 2019, I was struck by how many young, quality safeties are hitting free agency:

Landon Collins, NYG, 25
Adrian Amos, CHI, 26
Earl Thomas, SEA, 30
Ha Ha Clinton-Dix, 26
Lamarcus Joyner, LAR, 28
Clayton Geathers, IND, 27
Tre Boston, ARI, 27

That is Water Football's rankings of the top seven safeties on the open market (with Mike Mitchell at #11 and Matthias Farley at #12 as an RFA). His rankings are not out of line with other rankings that I have seen.

Other that Thomas, all are under 30 and all are talented. If Collins wants too much, I have little doubt that one of the others will be in our price range.

Hooker, Free Agent, Geathers and Farley along with a lower round draft pick (of the ball hawking variety) is a good looking safety position group.

I hope that free agent is Collins but I would be happy with about anyone on that list.

Walk Worthy,
__________________
==============
Thad
The future is so bright; I gotta triple up!
Reply With Quote
 

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:16 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
ColtFreaks.com is in no way affiliated with the Indianapolis Colts, the NFL, or any of their subsidiaries.