ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #11  
Old 01-08-2019, 09:08 PM
Oldcolt Oldcolt is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 2,873
Thanks: 3,141
Thanked 3,143 Times in 1,445 Posts
Default

I get the skepticism and concern. Until this team wins you gotta be skeptical (by the way what has Kansas City won recently?). I just think people are to hard on this defense. The coaching and scheming (by that I mean getting your players in a position where they are asked to do what they do best) gets you half way there. I disagree with most that what we need is a great pass rushing lineman. First off how many of those exist? Five, maybe six really great ones. While we may not have great ones we don't have any pieces of crap either. If you can get a line where everyone is a little bit better than average you can have a line that you can win with. We have a legitimately good run defense. I can't remember when that was true. We don't give up long bombs. Will great offenses score on us, hell yes. But unlike previous teams I've rooted for these guys try to take away the ball. The Kansas City defenses biggest weapon is their pass rush. I like our chances at neutralizing it. Ballard's investment up front needs to pay off and I'm betting it does. We should win this game.
Reply With Quote
 

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:56 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
ColtFreaks.com is in no way affiliated with the Indianapolis Colts, the NFL, or any of their subsidiaries.