View Single Post
  #395  
Old 04-06-2017, 04:53 PM
Puck's Avatar
Puck Puck is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Fort Wayne
Posts: 8,535
Thanks: 2,237
Thanked 3,411 Times in 1,687 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coltsalr View Post
I'm actually pretty high on Sheard/Simon too. I think Simon will be an improvement over Walden and I think Sheard alone will be a fairly massive improvement over Cole/Mathis, who were both completely tapped out last year.

I do however worry that since neither has proven they can handle full slate of starters reps that we'll need plenty of depth at the position. Depth that we certainly don't already have.

And I'm also very concerned about the ILB corps. Sean Spence might be a nice piece, but that's actually one of the moves that Ballard has made that I'm most down on. Morrison/Jackson showed me nothing last year that would indicate that they're capable of being good NFL starters. God help us if we start the season with them.

That said, I say all of that to say that, again, I will never bitch if they go full-on with the OL. I agree, if we suddenly have Dallas' OL, then sure, that could really do some interesting things for us. It's not the path that I would take, but if they did do so, I wouldn't be stark raving mad over it.

TE and WR are the only positions that if we draft in the 1st round that I'll literally lose my mind. I'd prefer not to draft RB/CB/S/OL, but I could at least see why they would do so (Yes, I believe that Cook is THAT good that if we drafted him in the 1st that with time it would be justifiable, but no, it's NOT what I would do).

That was some Pete fence-sitting right there, wasn't it?

I will disagree on CB in round one, I would love if they took one of the top CB's if they were there. I am not that high on Cook as others are. I think there are plenty out there that could be great at a later pick. I havent given up on Ferguson yet either. I may after game on though.

I don't think Foster will be there at 15. I wont be pissed if he is and they take him, and I wouldnt be pissed if they traded back up to get Lamp with our second pick. Picks on rounds 4-6 usually dont generate starters...usually... so if one was traded to get us to be able to pick a sure fire starter, I would be very happy. I know Ballard wants quantity, I want quality with the 1st 3 picks, after that draft away

"OH and we are drafting TE somewhere.... Signed Chris Ballard"
__________________
Gonna win it all.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Puck For This Useful Post:
njcoltfan (04-08-2017)