View Single Post
  #328  
Old 04-01-2017, 07:12 PM
YDFL Commish YDFL Commish is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Mt. Pleasant Wisconsin
Posts: 4,549
Thanks: 3,306
Thanked 3,503 Times in 1,866 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeveJones007 View Post
I've stuck my flag squarely in the "Dorsett sucks, regardless the coaching" camp. We'll see if I'm wrong, but all I've seen is a guy who can stretch a defense.
I'm not going to disagree. To this point Dorsett has sucked. But at the same time I believe that he's not being used properly.

How many times has been thrown a slant?

How many times has he been thrown a bubble screen?

How many times has he been thrown a crossing pattern?

None of the passes I mentioned above are difficult route concepts, even for a college WR. So, it's not that Dorsett can't run the routes.

I don't know what it is, but since Arians left, Pep and Chud have basically made defense only have to defend the middle to the deep portions of the field vertically.

I don't know if it's Luck's preference or a Pagano thing. But you just can't win in this day and age without making the defense defend the whole field.
Reply With Quote