View Single Post
  #314  
Old 03-31-2017, 04:13 PM
natagu23's Avatar
natagu23 natagu23 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 4,274
Thanks: 114
Thanked 141 Times in 72 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coltsalr View Post
Derek Barnett runs an unofficial 4.89 40 time at his Pro Day.

He supposedly has a strained hamstring right now and is "toughing it out", but that's a pretty bad time and a pretty common excuse and mounts concerns upon a guy whose biggest concern is his conditioning.

I'm still not opposed to bringing in a guy that's been that productive at rushing the passer in the SEC and I'd be hard-pressed to pass on him in the 1st round, but more and more, I like the idea of going ILB in the 1st round (Foster/Davis/Cunningham/Reddick) and then edge rusher in the 2nd (Barnett/Williams/Lawson/Harris).

That seems feasible to me, I think.
The 40 time doesnt really concern me as long as its not 5.0 or >.

Barnett's lack of explosiveness is more of a concern.

You can lack speed, but you have to be able to fire off the ball and have a good first step.

He strikes me as a low ceiling, decent floor kinda guy who could potentially flop under poor coaching, and guess what we have plenty of?
Reply With Quote