View Single Post
  #187  
Old 03-22-2017, 09:37 AM
sherck's Avatar
sherck sherck is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Dayton, Ohio
Posts: 4,010
Thanks: 2,773
Thanked 1,699 Times in 731 Posts
Default

As for that chart, it is a pretty good find but I disagree with a few of their assessments.

Backup Left Guard should not be red. Slotting almost any of our offensive linemen into “only one” slot if foolish with how Philbin has stressed flexibility. Whoever of Haeg, Good or Schwenke does not win the starting Right Guard spot will be depth across all spots.

Turbin should be RB2 with the red “roster spot to be filled” as the RB3 spot. While he might get beat out for the duties depending on what else we do in the draft or free agency at RB, he was signed to be that guy.

I could say that same thing about the TE depth chart as the RB one. Swoope is the TE2 unless beat out by someone else. The spot to be filled is TE3.

There is not a better NT available right now (except possibly Hankins) in either free agency or the draft than Woods or Parry. While we need a stud there for the long-term success of the team, thinking that the need will be filled this year is now foolish.

No complaints about ILB or CB. I could argue that Melvin could be our Nickel CB but we need help everywhere at CB so…..

Yeah, Arthur Jones is not listed anywhere on their chart. I wonder if they know something that we do not…. 

Cheers,
__________________
==============
Thad
The future is so bright; I gotta triple up!
Reply With Quote