View Single Post
  #146  
Old 03-17-2017, 07:09 PM
VeveJones007 VeveJones007 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 3,111
Thanks: 1,209
Thanked 1,114 Times in 612 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coltsalr View Post
Raekwon McMillian gets talked about a lot in here for our 2nd round pick as an ILB, but does any/everyone like him better than Jarrad Davis?

I like what I see more from Davis, here's the scouting reports:

Jarrad Davis:



http://www.nfl.com/draft/2017/profil...vis?id=2557855



https://www.profootballfocus.com/dra...s-ilb-florida/


Raekwon McMillian-



http://www.nfl.com/draft/2017/profil...lan?id=2558070



https://www.profootballfocus.com/dra...lb-ohio-state/

And while it's possible that Jarrad Davis will just go significantly higher than Raekwon McMillian, I'm not sure that's a sure thing. Matt Miller's latest Mock has Jarrad Davis going one spot ahead of us in the 2nd round and then us coming away with McMillian. If we get to around 2.10 and Davis is still available (and assuming we went pass rush in the 1st round, and arguably even if we didn't), then I'll be screaming for Ballard to trade up:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...ock-draft-more

Again, we need to get FASTER as a defense. Having slower ILB's that can't cover is what we DO have.

I'll need to be sold on McMillian, I'm just not seeing it on what he does for us.
Either would be excellent gets at 2.14. I still think EDGE at 1.15 and ILB at 2.14 has the most value.

Hopefully Ballard can identify good CBs later (or Jones falls to the 3rd).
Reply With Quote