View Single Post
  #14  
Old 09-21-2026, 04:31 PM
Dam8610 Dam8610 is offline
Post whore
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 6,621
Thanks: 120
Thanked 2,272 Times in 1,278 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kray007 View Post
If you go for it on 4th and 8 and don’t make it, you’re going to be flayed for your monumental stupidity.

For everyone bitching about the run on 1st down, I pose the simple question…why didn’t Jones audible out of the play? I suppose that the crowd noise made calling an audible precarious, but you have 2 timeouts. Blow through one of them.
I don't agree with that premise. If they go for it on 4th and 8, the defense is built in. The defense is: that's Patrick Mahomes on the other sideline, we were 18 yards away from a score that wins us the game and doesn't give him any more chances to win it. That's not stupid, it's choosing to go down swinging rather than giving Mahomes any more chances. If anyone second guessed that decision, they don't understand football.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by omahacolt View Post
i was wrong.
Reply With Quote