View Single Post
  #10  
Old 09-21-2026, 03:21 PM
rm1369 rm1369 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 1,294
Thanks: 357
Thanked 972 Times in 534 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kray007 View Post
If you go for it on 4th and 8 and don’t make it, you’re going to be flayed for your monumental stupidity.

For everyone bitching about the run on 1st down, I pose the simple question…why didn’t Jones audible out of the play? I suppose that the crowd noise made calling an audible precarious, but you have 2 timeouts. Blow through one of them.
I agree there would have been second guessing if he went for it and failed. It still would have likely focused on the play calling of the first 3 downs. Because EVERYONE knew if they kicked a field goal they would lose. Every fan. The announcers. And I’m sure the players as well.

Your questions are valid and we don’t know the answers. At best the answers change the discussion from them being scared to them being unprepared for the moment. Either way is an indictment of team leadership. I could understand it more if they had a young QB in there but DJ is a vet. So is he not capable of changing the play, not allowed, or was it not even a thought for him or the staff? None of the answers will make me feel better about it.
Reply With Quote