View Single Post
  #46  
Old 04-06-2024, 09:21 AM
Racehorse's Avatar
Racehorse Racehorse is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: God's green Earth
Posts: 14,449
Thanks: 23,254
Thanked 5,976 Times in 3,404 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rm1369 View Post
Maybe not. But scroll through the list of highest paid defensive players in the league and tell me what the majority of players are known for. Pass rushers are highly valued for a reason. Seeing how it matters so little, I’m curious why you think Ballard has invested so many resources into finding one?

It’s crazy to me that instead of conceding the obvious (that Ballard didn’t go into win now mode with Wentz) you’d rather try to minimize the importance of pass rushers in the modern NFL.
I did not say that at all. Pass rush is important. Ballard has been pursuing one for a while. It seems they are valued because they do not grow on trees. If they are available in free agency, they are either washed up, tagged, or over-priced. I think he has addressed it fair enough, given our past season and its success. I am not sure what year it was, but it could be the year we drafted two pass rushers to address the problem. He addressed it, just not the way you wanted him to address it.
__________________
Keep your political crap out of a football forum! Nobody here gives a rat's a**
Reply With Quote