Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Session
This isn't really the same.
I won't knock Kelce because I do believe everything he was doing is within the confines of what the game used to be. Talk your shit, dude; It's all good.
When I was a kid, though, we could play/hit the man and not just the ball. I graduated high school in 2008.
|
o
The behavior that you quoted from the previous poster was in regard to Travis Kelce's lack of etiquette, not the hitting/physical contact.
But in regard to the hitting, I agree completely that the game has been made unfair for the defensive players ...... fundamentals such as wrapping up the player and driving him to the turf to make sure that the tackle is completed are now penalized as "driving a player to the turf." And when you get right down to it, all that a receiver has to do is lay out head-first for a pass to ensure that he won't be touched by the defender because at that point, there really is no other place to hit him besides the head, the neck, or the shoulder ...... if a receiver who is running full speed and then dives for the ball is stretched out as while he's reaching for it, the defender can't magically contort his body to bypass the upper body of the receiver and hit him in the ribs or the waist.
Football is an inherently brutal and vicious game, and making unfair for the players on one side of the ball in order to appease those that are alarmed at the long-term after-effects of many of the retired players (CTE, brain damage, dementia, knee and hip replacements) won't change that.
o