Thread: Ballard
View Single Post
  #55  
Old 03-22-2022, 11:03 PM
IndyNorm's Avatar
IndyNorm IndyNorm is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 2,795
Thanks: 1,760
Thanked 1,936 Times in 1,090 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldcolt View Post
Their teams are pretty well complete. Ours isn't. I am not worried about LT, I have total confidence in Ballard filling that. If Ballard can find a WR or two (I have not given up at Campbell like most have. He is do to have an injury free season) then I think we have the only complete team in the AFC; defense/offense/special teams. I feel so much better about our defense now that we have a pass rusher, not to mention the jump I expect from last years draft choices. We are not there yet but you can see how we can get there. Couldn't say that for the last 2-3 months. Pretty damn good two weeks Ballard has had.

I am not sure Ballard admitted he did a shitty job last year. He admitted he didn't do enough. He missed on Wentz and I may be alone on this but I believe COVID cost us in the end also. We didn't have a pass rush, Ballard gambled on rookies and lost. But damn man, he didn't double down but saw that he hadn't done enough and went about rectifying it, both Wentz and the pass rush. I'm falling back in love with the guy as a GM. It is special to make mistakes and learn from them, especially when you have such a public job.
Relied on the draft and some younger guys already on the team who either hadn't produced or couldn't stay healthy. Hopefully Ballard learned his lesson from this and doesn't do that anymore if at all possible going fwd. WR in particular worries me after reading some of his comments and knowing that our entire WR group outside of MPJ consists of either unproven guys or guys who can't stay healthy.
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to IndyNorm For This Useful Post:
Oldcolt (03-22-2022), rm1369 (03-23-2022)