View Single Post
  #102  
Old 01-26-2021, 01:01 PM
Oldcolt Oldcolt is online now
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 2,853
Thanks: 3,125
Thanked 3,118 Times in 1,431 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaka View Post
If we traded for these players under their current contracts, we'd be taking on about $10M each under our 2021 cap. That's the biggest issue I can see. Beyond a QB and maybe a LT, I don't expect the Colts to spend much of their 2021 cap money on free agents this year. Their cap management is what allowed us to get Buckner last year, and which gives us the flexibility to be able to get a QB like Stafford this year. Plus, we have lots of upcoming free agents we'll have to plan for, like Leonard and Nelson for starters.
I cannot see Ballard trading for those guys. He is a patient guy. If he wants a veteran LT I believe he waits until cuts are made or free agency starts. There are numerous ways he could go to get an adequate LT. With his emphasis on the line being the back bone of a team and LT being the most important position on the line, it will be interesting to see how he goes about filling it. I have confidence he will get it done.
Reply With Quote