View Single Post
  #155  
Old 03-13-2019, 11:18 AM
AlwaysSunnyinIndy AlwaysSunnyinIndy is online now
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Posts: 2,622
Thanks: 783
Thanked 3,345 Times in 1,455 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeveJones007 View Post
Holder said the Colts were also wary of why KC would be trying to move him. Is there a locker room issue? They are also moving to a 4-3, so they may not see him as a scheme fit.

Ford played in a 4-3 scheme in college at Auburn. So I think all the "scheme fit" talk is a little overblown. The 49'ers run a 4-3 scheme, too.

I think the bigger concern was handing over that large of a contract to a player that has had some inconsistencies, stats wise.

Ford's sack totals the first 5 years of his career - 1.5, 4.0, 10.0, 2.0 (only played 6 games), 13.0.

Ford's QB hits - 5, 11, 17, 7, 29.

I realize that very few pass rushers become available and free agent contracts can be rather bloated but he got a very nice contract. I assume the 49'ers hope he can replicate last year's totals every year of that deal. I don't think Kansas City thought he could produce consistently at that level.
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AlwaysSunnyinIndy For This Useful Post:
Chromeburn (03-13-2019), VeveJones007 (03-13-2019)