Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaka
I think “good can be the enemy of great” is a quote (or very close to a quote) that Balland used himself at the end of the season, so his mindset is certainly not where you seem to think it is. I’m just shocked at the number of people here are calling for the Colts to start signing big name free agents when we’re just coming off a season which SHOWED how much progress can be made by a disciplined approach. Where is the evidence that signing these guys is the path to glory?
|
Did last season show that, or did it show that Andrew Luck returned to 100% and play 16 games?
The answer is somewhere in between, and obviously yes, Ebron, Autry, Nelson, Smith, Leonard were huge and testament. But I'd argue Lewis and Turay really weren't, and Colts don't have nearly the same draft cache this year (albeit still above average).
Harder to hit on Nelsons and Leonards when you pick where Colts are picking now.