View Single Post
  #24  
Old 03-12-2019, 09:15 PM
Spike's Avatar
Spike Spike is offline
Post whore
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: USA
Posts: 8,366
Thanks: 9,756
Thanked 5,678 Times in 3,101 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoBigBlue88 View Post
Calling for Ballard's head is too stupid to be seriously discussed.

On the general subject of Ballard + roster additions, I would say two things:

1. I don't think this is the year Colts go all-in. I think that is 2020.

2. I do worry, though, that Colts won't ever go all-in. I worry that they're going to be the NFL's Pacers: always good because they're smart and value chemistry, but never great because they're too in love with chemistry and never make bold moves. Good can be the enemy of great. I think Polian took his swings to be great in the draft with largely unpopular (at the time!) picks like Dallas Clark, Reggie Wayne, Joseph Addai etc. I also think Polian's flaw was that Corey Simon's health scared Polian away from big free agent swings when Simon was perfect when healthy and a totally reasonable signing.

Colts don't have to go all-in this year; they're probably not ready for it. But they do need to next year. If they keep playing moneyball, they might make an AFC title game one year, but that's the ceiling.
I don't believe Irsay will accept this BS because he has stated numerous times that he wants multiple SB titles. I doubt he will allow anyone to waste all of Luck's years with this dumb ass philosophy. At least I hope not.
__________________
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
Reply With Quote