View Single Post
  #17  
Old 03-11-2019, 10:01 AM
Coltsalr's Avatar
Coltsalr Coltsalr is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Baltimore, MD
Posts: 4,876
Thanks: 653
Thanked 697 Times in 353 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeveJones007 View Post
I think he'll be interested in younger pass rushers like the Smiths or Barrett, but he won't go crazy on price. He wants 8 guys on the line that he can trust, so that's where the crowding comes in:

Sheard
Autry
Lewis
Turay
Hunt
#26
#34

That's 7 and that doesn't even include anyone to line up at nose (Stewart, +1 vet I would imagine) or guys like Ward. I'm just trying to set your expectations. Ballard isn't going to go crazy trying to add an EDGE like Flowers or Houston. He'll look for a good value and seek to hit in the draft.
I'm baffled/bemused as to why the Colts aren't getting mentioned on Flowers but at this point I do accept that it's not going to happen (I figure the Colts would've been mentioned by now in the rumblings). I am still holding out hope for Landon Collins though.

I will say though that with guys like Hankins/Simon getting cut that Ballard obviously isn't afraid to make vet cuts on guys that obviously still have more to contribute. Though both of those were scheme fits, I wouldn't be surprised if Sheard is a "surprise" cut this year and some of the clutter/crowding is gotten rid of that way.
Reply With Quote