Thread: Off Season
View Single Post
  #168  
Old 03-11-2019, 07:53 AM
Coltsalr's Avatar
Coltsalr Coltsalr is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Baltimore, MD
Posts: 4,876
Thanks: 653
Thanked 697 Times in 353 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromeburn View Post
I think he is a better coach than Pagano. I don't think he wanted to trade Mack, he tried to keep him. But he did get pretty good compensation for him. Look at the Giants who could have traded Collins, now he leaves and they will just get a compensation pick. Gruden is going full rebuild aiming for a good team when they hit Vegas.
And I mean, if we look at what he got:

Quote:
Net for the 3 major Raiders trades.

Raiders give up:

Khalil Mack
Amari Cooper
2019 3rd round
2019 5th round
2020 2nd round
2020 6th round

In exchange for:

Antonio Brown
2019 1st round
2019 1st round
2020 1st round
2020 2nd round
2020 5th round
He's already managed to turn Amari Cooper into Antonio Brown

If he turns Khalil Mack into Quinnen Williams and Montez Sweat, then it's possible he's upgraded there too.

And he'd still be sitting on a SLEW of draft picks from there.

Now, yes, I will agree that it's entirely possible that he still manages to fuck it up. But right now, it looks like there could be a method to his madness.
Reply With Quote