ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/index.php)
-   Indianapolis Colts Discussion (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Live Video podcast: How Jacoby will perform this year? (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=80778)

Lawrence Owen 09-02-2019 04:41 PM

Live Video podcast: How Jacoby will perform this year?
 
I sit down and go over how a Jacoby Brissett lead Indianapolis Colts will do as compared to having Andrew Luck.
I had a blast doing this video, hope you enjoy!
Give me your thoughts!

https://sportscastr.com/stream/11079761

DrSpaceman 09-02-2019 07:21 PM

If you believe in Peter King, his preview article listed Brissett as #3 on the list of possible MVPs

Even the most role colored glasses Colts fans I don't think expect that

https://sports.yahoo.com/peter-king-...052513388.html

Also has Reich as #2 in coach of the year. that would not surprise me.

Chromeburn 09-02-2019 08:51 PM

I think Jacoby will have some early success. But I want to see how teams do once they have some tapes on him. Maybe by mid season and they will be able to gameplan for him better.

Lawrence Owen 09-03-2019 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DrSpaceman (Post 129363)
If you believe in Peter King, his preview article listed Brissett as #3 on the list of possible MVPs

Even the most role colored glasses Colts fans I don't think expect that

https://sports.yahoo.com/peter-king-...052513388.html

Also has Reich as #2 in coach of the year. that would not surprise me.

Yeah, I like Brissett, and I think his skill sets are what Indy needs to be successful, But I'm not delusional enough to think he'd be in any MVP voting.

Lawrence Owen 09-03-2019 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chromeburn (Post 129376)
I think Jacoby will have some early success. But I want to see how teams do once they have some tapes on him. Maybe by mid season and they will be able to gameplan for him better.

I think you're right to some extent.
Some of that will also be on Reich, to game plan around that.

Hoopsdoc 09-03-2019 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lawrence Owen (Post 129457)
I think you're right to some extent.
Some of that will also be on Reich, to game plan around that.

He’s got the arm to make every throw. His arm is better than Lucks. It’s the accuracy and all the other stuff that he lacked in 17.

I’m like most, I expect a similar player to 2017, hopefully with some improvement in a couple of areas.

Lawrence Owen 09-03-2019 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hoopsdoc (Post 129496)
He’s got the arm to make every throw. His arm is better than Lucks. It’s the accuracy and all the other stuff that he lacked in 17.

I’m like most, I expect a similar player to 2017, hopefully with some improvement in a couple of areas.

The most important improvement in my opinion is how quickly he get's through his reads.
2017 he would take forever, but then again he just got here, and was new to everything, the system, players,...everything. He should have made big leaps in the dept.

Chromeburn 09-03-2019 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hoopsdoc (Post 129496)
He’s got the arm to make every throw. His arm is better than Lucks. It’s the accuracy and all the other stuff that he lacked in 17.

I’m like most, I expect a similar player to 2017, hopefully with some improvement in a couple of areas.

That’s what Siranni said they were working in the most. Accuracy and decision making. I think Accuracy is probably the most important trait. Arm strength is important but with pass rush what it is now, guys aren’t flinging 60 yards downfield much anymore. Placing that ball exactly where it needs to be in the 10 to 30 yard range is most important in today’s game imo. And this is what I’m most worried about with Brisset, I don’t know if he has the touch to put the ball into those tight NFL windows.

CanuckColt 09-03-2019 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DrSpaceman (Post 129363)
If you believe in Peter King, his preview article listed Brissett as #3 on the list of possible MVPs

Even the most role colored glasses Colts fans I don't think expect that

https://sports.yahoo.com/peter-king-...052513388.html

Also has Reich as #2 in coach of the year. that would not surprise me.

Peter has been dipping into the sauce again before writing his articles.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:36 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
ColtFreaks.com is in no way affiliated with the Indianapolis Colts, the NFL, or any of their subsidiaries.