![]() |
Not sure if GBB left for good or not... so here's my summary
Well, shit!
AV f'd us hard today. Damn damn damn how nice it is to see a Colts team that in 2 of the last 3 games played just snapped the ball and pushed the ball forward sort of at will with a F-U attitude! I was sitting there waiting for the big play action- and we never ran it- because we could just grind them down. Over the duration of a season, that is going to create such a winning mentality- we are just going to smack you in the face and you're going to like it! That part I freakin' loved. Yeah I know Nelson wasn't the reason for the conversion on 2- that was really Kelly but if you watch that replay, Nelson is so incredibly strong- he pulled his man across his body and about three yards deep in the end zone- from his back (could have very easily been called for a hold). Jacoby, perfectly fine, excellent game- that throw to Ebron- that was a throw that top caliber starters make. The throw to Funchess to the sideline, great positional throw. The back shoulders back to back- excellent. This game had to build his confidence. I get that it was mostly close to the vest but 21-27 is 77% fucking percent period and 2 TD's- 77% completions and a 175 yard runner, you're gonna win 8 out of 10 times doing that shit- and short of AV shitting the bed, we won this one. Thrilled with the pash rush, I have been pounding the Tuary drum- I think we have a star in the making- 2 strip sacks (yeah I know one didn't count)- he gets leverage so damn fast- very much reminds me of Mathis. The bad- The Maniac was sort of on the less than maniacal side today - and I saw him get planted a couple times- very disappointed in his showing today. Interior run game, miserable gap exposure, they let them get pushed directionally and it opened way too many running lanes and the backers were not filling well enough. Very very very disappointed in the play of the back 4 with the exception of the pick by Hooker. In fact I have to believe Hooker got sat down for a while after that Allen TD where he was 4.5 hours late to recognize the throw. His head down dive on the last run- that's exactly the knock on him- that was middle school level bad. We gave cushions we didn't necessarily rally to the ball well. I thought Geathers looked a step slow in every capacity. Obviously it goes without saying that ST's was a catastrophe today- but I expect AV will show his grit and he won't be a problem the rest of the year. Overall- I am pretty optimistic and I expect us to go into TN and play well- I expect Jacoby to start hitting some seam stuff for big YAC. It didn't look like Funchess was hurting too bad, he was back on the sideline, helmet on so I think he would have come back in if we got the ball. I want to see us tighten up some underneath stuff and for Leonard to play at a much higher level. |
Quote:
|
I agree with a lot of what you say, and I am optimistic, too. Brissett was solid, and O-line got better as game went on.
|
Quote:
|
Quote:
|
Quote:
|
Quote:
|
Quote:
|
Quote:
Not to mention, if he swore off this board because of the sentiments on Luck, he swore off every Colts board, because those same sentiments were on every board I saw. |
Quote:
|
I'm encouraged that, yes...we showed we have a good team. The run defense struggles early, were I believe the normal 1st game rustiness, late it was fatigue, I think Tyquan Lewis could have helped there, and with the lack of inside pass rush.
At some point Reich will have to hand the keys to Brissett. I like that we played disciplined football. Why does Matthew Adams play? Just go with a 3 safety look on all but short yardage and goal line. Definitely disappointed in the ST play. AV cost us this game. Why does he always have his worst games vs SD...in 2 different stadiums no less? Funchess and Cain make us much better at WR. |
Quote:
|
Quote:
|
Fucking Chargers and SD. Through multiple coaches, QBs, Gms, years, they always find a weird way to screw us
Anyone remember Mannings 5 INT game in SD where the team came back and then AV missed a chip shot FG for the win? OR tie maybe, but anyway he missed and we lost. Reminded me of this Colts just GAVE AWAY the game. Stupid mistakes AVs misses for one, that is 7 points The blocked punt gave them 3 points. BLOCK ON STs BEFORE YOU RUN DOWNFIELD! The secondary blocker ran right by the guy who got a hand on it Justin Houston offsides on a key 3rd down, he was not the one to make the play, then right after that SD runs a screen for a TD That stupid penalty on the FG to give then a TD. Still not sure about that call. They weren't lined up over the center, I thought that was the rule. The drop by Ebron. Again a questionable call. he rolled on his back and had the ball before he was out of bounds, don't care what they say. Frustrating game, but its one I think we all expected to lose That throw by Brissett to Ebron, that was a god damn bullet and perfect pass. He has a rocket arm. Marlon Mack with the career game, hope he keeps it up. Helps my fantasy team too. The D though, just sorely disappointed. Missed tackles. Can't defend the screen pass worth shit. There is a pass rush though. Its like all the things that we questioned were Ok and all the things we thought would be better or solid, weren't As far GBB, come on man, this isn't those pussy ass Colts boards. We are adults. Shit gets said, but we are all die hard fans here. |
Also for the kicking game, I wonder if this being a new stadium made a difference for AV. Never kicked there before
That last miss though he just completely botched. Didn't hit it clean and it was off to the left. And that INT by Hooker, one of the best defensive plays for the Colts in years. One handed INT on the run right when it looked like a TD and game over |
I hope GBB comes back, he was my favorite post game article to read, here or anywhere in professional media. I always lurk this place and refresh after games waiting for him and Omaha to post.
|
Also when it went to overtime I knew one hundred percent we would lose the coin toss and never see the ball
|
Shitty loss but encouraged by the offensive line and Brissett makes quick decisive throws, D was shaky but love seeing Hooker getting his timing down and Turay looks like he can be a game wrecker
|
Oline was good. Run game was good. Brissett was better than I expected. TY had a classic TY move to get his td.
Defense was disappointing. Wth, Adam!? Oh, and DEON FUCKING CAIN. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk |
Quote:
|
Very encouraged by what I saw and really excited to see where this team goes. I'm out of market but RedZone showed a lot since there were only 5 late games. But Adam....WTF??? Hopefully he gets that shit figured out. My God.
|
I’m not a kicker, so I don’t know much about this, but I think I heard the announcers say that they played on a soccer pitch instead of a football pitch and that may have contributed to it a bit. However, don’t kickers get onto the field prior to test out the surface?
|
One other thing on Brissett :
Looked great in clutch time. The two minute drill to drive for the FG, though it was missed, and then the final drive. Mostly was just handing off there and it started with 8 minutes left, but still, drove the team for the tie score. Did his job as the QB. No turnovers either. May be one advantage of him over Luck And the QB sneak is back in play. He picked up that easily. I don't think they would run that with Luck due to his injury history. |
Quote:
I really think this is going to be a terrifying offense down the road. |
Quote:
|
Quote:
Hopefully he can keep it up and show it even when the running game is struggling. |
Quote:
|
Quote:
|
Quote:
If he was still in his 30’s, I wouldn’t be as concerned. But the dude is 45. There is a decent chance he’s reached the end. |
Quote:
|
Quote:
I don't know any more about him than the next guy obviously. What I do think though is that he is a guy people are going to look to as a leader and if he can build confidence to the level that guys on this squad start thinking "ya know what, we don't need Luck to do this, he's pretty F'ing good", I think JB could explode under Reich's guidance. I was out so it was hard to keep track but I kept seeing posts in the game day thread about how they had no confidence in him, that Luck had sapped all the energy from the team. I kept seeing a guy making good reads and delivering some nice throws and orchestrating a good team. The guy has a rocket arm, it may not be a laser rocket arm, and it may never get to that laser level. But I gotta believe with 4 guys like TY, Cain, PC, and Hines- we're going to see some monster bomb TD's. If we can establish the run like we have shown we can- dude has the chance to destroy some defenses with the deep ball. One thing we knew about Luck- he was tough, ummmm Brisset got sacked 52 fucking times- and he got up and played pretty much every down. I think we can already pin that toughness label on JB as well. |
Quote:
|
Quote:
I think they can take a good player that wants to work hard and commit to the program, and they can put them in the upper tier of QB play, maybe top 12-15 guys at the position. I was on Brisset way back saying I thought he was a guy that could get it done. I know we have a very limited sample size but it won't take me a lot of games to move all the way to the VERY good player, turned into an elite level QB just based on the fact he came in as a skilled guy that needed some refinement and some skilled guys around him, including manning the sidelines. I kind of look at Luck as a baseline HOF'er regardless of coach, but with Reich he could have elevated to icon stature with multiple MVPs. |
Are we bringing in any kickers tomorrow?
|
One game doesn’t make or break a career. Going to see where we are six games in. Can Brisset pass us to a win when the run is shut down?
|
Briskets performance yesterday was really encouraging. He may not play in a more challenging atmosphere all season and he was really really good.
|
Quote:
|
Quote:
|
Quote:
|
Quote:
:D |
| All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:29 PM. |
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
ColtFreaks.com is in no way affiliated with the Indianapolis Colts, the NFL, or any of their subsidiaries.