ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/index.php)
-   Indianapolis Colts Discussion (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Colts Draft Series: "With the Next Pick" (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=70909)

VeveJones007 04-03-2019 10:04 PM

Colts Draft Series: "With the Next Pick"
 
https://www.colts.com/video/with-the...draft-this-guy

First five minute episode of behind the scenes footage from the Colts scouting staff as they prepare for this draft. Nothing earth shattering, but you can clearly hear the types of things that they value: character, leadership, perseverance, ability, etc.

OneVoice 04-04-2019 10:41 AM

I love this team, the players, the staff, the coaches. All of it.

The whole org was a **** show since Polian-Dungy-Manning left.

Ballard-Reich-Luck is something to be really proud of now.

Luck4Reich 04-05-2019 01:18 PM

Good post. Enjoyed that.

Discflinger 04-10-2019 11:48 PM

Second one was kind of meh. Just expected more after the first one.

Maniac 04-11-2019 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Discflinger (Post 115959)
Second one was kind of meh. Just expected more after the first one.

Ending was great with Ballard saying "Raise your glasses : To kicking everyone's asses."

VeveJones007 04-11-2019 04:44 PM

https://www.colts.com/video/with-the...ve-the-process

Here's the link to the second piece in the series.

YDFL Commish 04-11-2019 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maniac (Post 116010)
Ending was great with Ballard saying "Raise your glasses : To kicking everyone's asses."

Yeah, that was kinda the only part that rocked!

Brylok 04-12-2019 08:16 PM

These are fantastic so far. I wouldn't want anyone other than Ballard running the Colts. Just imagine if they can get similar draft results to last year. Let's GO!

Luck4Reich 04-12-2019 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brylok (Post 116100)
These are fantastic so far. I wouldn't want anyone other than Ballard running the Colts. Just imagine if they can get similar draft results to last year. Let's GO!

Championship! :cool:

rcubed 04-13-2019 03:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YDFL Commish (Post 116029)
Yeah, that was kinda the only part that rocked!



I like the part where Dodds said “we won a fucking wildcard game”and clearly was not happy about that



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Discflinger 04-13-2019 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maniac (Post 116010)
Ending was great with Ballard saying "Raise your glasses : To kicking everyone's asses."

I liked that he was drinking a martini, as well. I only wonder if it was gin or vodka. Unfortunately the citrus says it was vodka.

VeveJones007 04-13-2019 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Discflinger (Post 116116)
I liked that he was drinking a martini, as well. I only wonder if it was gin or vodka. Unfortunately the citrus says it was vodka.

That guy can drink fruity cocktails for all I care as long as he keeps churning out successful drafts.

JAFF 04-13-2019 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Discflinger (Post 116116)
I liked that he was drinking a martini, as well. I only wonder if it was gin or vodka. Unfortunately the citrus says it was vodka.

I’ll take my Buffalo Trace in a glass and one large ice cube. Hell
With martinnies.

He can drink fruit punch he pulls off a great draft I’ll send him some vodka

YDFL Commish 04-13-2019 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JAFF (Post 116123)
I’ll take my Buffalo Trace in a glass and one large ice cube. Hell
With martinnies.

He can drink fruit punch he pulls off a great draft I’ll send him some vodka

Love Buffalo Trace and Blanton's as well.

JAFF 04-13-2019 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YDFL Commish (Post 116126)
Love Buffalo Trace and Blanton's as well.

Good luck finding a bottle of Blantons

YDFL Commish 04-14-2019 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JAFF (Post 116131)
Good luck finding a bottle of Blantons

So true. I have not been able to find any Blanton's for my own personal consumption. But I travel a lot and have been spending time in Connecticut, where Maggie McFly's restaurant keeps the Blanton's in stock.

VeveJones007 04-18-2019 08:56 PM

Episode 3: You Don't Want to Be Cluttered on Draft Day

https://www.colts.com/news/with-the-...-episode-recap

Some interesting stuff in this one. The Colts only have about 170 guys on their board even though over over 250 guys get taken in the draft. That tells me they do a lot of winnowing down of the prospect list based on character and player attributes/scheme fit.

Quote:

“People (are) kind of like, ‘Well, 256 get drafted,’” Dodds said. “I’m like, ‘Yeah, 256 get drafted. But there’s 170 that we would say fit us.’

Luck4Reich 04-18-2019 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VeveJones007 (Post 116656)
Episode 3: You Don't Want to Be Cluttered on Draft Day

https://www.colts.com/news/with-the-...-episode-recap

Some interesting stuff in this one. The Colts only have about 170 guys on their board even though over over 250 guys get taken in the draft. That tells me they do a lot of winnowing down of the prospect list based on character and player attributes/scheme fit.

Patriots use a similar process.. they find out who 75-100 that are willing to cheat to win and that makes up their draft board.

VeveJones007 04-19-2019 01:26 PM

Quote:

Rapoport:
Sources: #Raiders coach Jon Gruden and GM Mike Mayock sent their scouts home for the weekend and they are not expected to return by draft time. The belief is they don’t know who to trust and wanted to clear the room.
That's a striking difference vs how the Colts conduct business. I bet we see footage in this series in a couple weeks with the actual area scouts who worked the ground scouting the new draft picks. If I were in scouting, I know which organization I would prefer to work for.

Dam8610 04-19-2019 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VeveJones007 (Post 116693)
That's a striking difference vs how the Colts conduct business. I bet we see footage in this series in a couple weeks with the actual area scouts who worked the ground scouting the new draft picks. If I were in scouting, I know which organization I would prefer to work for.

Wow, the Raiders organization is a raging dumpster fire. It doesn't seem likely that they get much value out of all that draft capital.

rcubed 04-19-2019 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Luck4Reich (Post 116657)
Patriots use a similar process.. they find out who 75-100 that are willing to cheat to win and that makes up their draft board.



dumb.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Discflinger 05-01-2019 09:45 PM

Really impressed with the last episode. So cool to be in the draft room. Loved how jacked Reich got. Best front office in football.

VeveJones007 05-02-2019 12:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Discflinger (Post 119171)
Really impressed with the last episode. So cool to be in the draft room. Loved how jacked Reich got. Best front office in football.

Reich was so calm the whole time, then he got PUMPED. So cool to see the coaches and front office working so well together.

Also loved Dorsey calling Ballard and Ballard just hanging up on him.

Discflinger 05-02-2019 06:56 AM

"I'm working." Omg, I almost forgot. Hysterical!

Lawrence Owen 05-02-2019 10:51 AM

Really enjoyed the series.
The last one was awesome.
Seeing how the talked about players, and realizing that they got all their targets from before the draft on day 2 was pretty cool.
But makes me wonder why they didn't like Tillery.

rcubed 05-02-2019 11:15 AM

That was interesting watching the inner workings. i liked seeing how they worked through player evaluations and the draft day workings. Makes me wonder what it was like with grigs and pags, i would love to see the contrast.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Racehorse 05-02-2019 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rcubed (Post 119202)
That was interesting watching the inner workings. i liked seeing how they worked through player evaluations and the draft day workings. Makes me wonder what it was like with grigs and pags, i would love to see the contrast.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

G: Who you want chuck?
P: I want Dorsett.
G: I was thinking TRich.
P: (pounds desk) Dorsett and Morrison!!!
G: only if you let me draft Banner and Basham.
P: Deal!

AlwaysSunnyinIndy 05-02-2019 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Racehorse (Post 119205)
G: Who you want chuck?
P: I want Dorsett.
G: I was thinking TRich.
P: (pounds desk) Dorsett and Morrison!!!
G: only if you let me draft Banner and Basham.
P: Deal!


Ballard was GM on the Banner and Basham picks. Yes, using Grigson's scouting staff but Ballard was the GM.

Luck4Reich 05-02-2019 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AlwaysSunnyinIndy (Post 119207)
Ballard was GM on the Banner and Basham picks. Yes, using Grigson's scouting staff but Ballard was the GM.

Maybe he was seeing if someone from that staff stepped up and was worth keeping? Empowered them to make picks.. obviously not and he made changes.

Chromeburn 05-02-2019 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AlwaysSunnyinIndy (Post 119207)
Ballard was GM on the Banner and Basham picks. Yes, using Grigson's scouting staff but Ballard was the GM.

Banner I believe was a guy who the oline coach wanted.

VeveJones007 05-02-2019 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lawrence Owen (Post 119201)
Really enjoyed the series.
The last one was awesome.
Seeing how the talked about players, and realizing that they got all their targets from before the draft on day 2 was pretty cool.
But makes me wonder why they didn't like Tillery.

Could be a few different things:

1) Perhaps they just had a Rd2 grade on him and couldn't pass up getting another 2nd and waiting to see if he fell to 34.
2) Maybe they didn't see him as a great scheme fit.
3) Maybe he was off their board due to a college suspension and some on-field incidents.

Racehorse 05-02-2019 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AlwaysSunnyinIndy (Post 119207)
Ballard was GM on the Banner and Basham picks. Yes, using Grigson's scouting staff but Ballard was the GM.

Wasn't supposed to be literal. Just a form of hyperbolic sarcasm. Sorry it flew right over.

AlwaysSunnyinIndy 05-02-2019 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Racehorse (Post 119222)
Wasn't supposed to be literal. Just a form of hyperbolic sarcasm. Sorry it flew right over.

I knew it was in jest - just saying that you could have used some of Grigson's bad draft picks for the post. He gave you many of them to choose from. :D

Racehorse 05-02-2019 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AlwaysSunnyinIndy (Post 119223)
I knew it was in jest - just saying that you could have used some of Grigson's bad draft picks for the post. He gave you many of them to choose from. :D

My mind went blank. That’s why I said TRich, who wasn’t even drafted by us. Getting old has its benefits: you can forget the bad and not just the good.

rcubed 05-02-2019 05:27 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Racehorse (Post 119205)
G: Who you want chuck?
P: I want Dorsett.
G: I was thinking TRich.
P: (pounds desk) Dorsett and Morrison!!!
G: only if you let me draft Banner and Basham.
P: Deal!

This is how I pictured it
Attachment 86

Racehorse 05-05-2019 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lawrence Owen (Post 119201)
Really enjoyed the series.
The last one was awesome.
Seeing how the talked about players, and realizing that they got all their targets from before the draft on day 2 was pretty cool.
But makes me wonder why they didn't like Tillery.

Frank was pumped, saying "Four for four!" That tells me that they wanted these four guys, but didn't think that all four would still be there. I was also pumped to see they had Banogu and Okereke as kind of a toss-up, and now they get to battle with each other for minutes, or can share the field together. I know they edited out several hours of discussion to hide things from opponents and to make fans excited, but the excitement from Frank could not have n=been faked.

Chromeburn 05-05-2019 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Racehorse (Post 119389)
Frank was pumped, saying "Four for four!" That tells me that they wanted these four guys, but didn't think that all four would still be there. I was also pumped to see they had Banogu and Okereke as kind of a toss-up, and now they get to battle with each other for minutes, or can share the field together. I know they edited out several hours of discussion to hide things from opponents and to make fans excited, but the excitement from Frank could not have n=been faked.

I noticed they edited out the EJ Speed conversation. I wanted to see that one especially after Ballard’s comments on Polian’s show.

rcubed 05-05-2019 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chromeburn (Post 119399)
I noticed they edited out the EJ Speed conversation. I wanted to see that one especially after Ballard’s comments on Polian’s show.



What were his comments?




Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AlwaysSunnyinIndy 05-06-2019 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rcubed (Post 119412)
What were his comments?


The Colts just posted an extensive write-up on EJ Speed on their website. It has some comments from Ballard about EJ and where they plan for him to play in the defense.

https://www.colts.com/news/life-expe...lly-big-upside

Chromeburn 05-06-2019 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Racehorse (Post 119235)
My mind went blank. That’s why I said TRich, who wasn’t even drafted by us. Getting old has its benefits: you can forget the bad and not just the good.

He might as well have, we used a first to get him.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:58 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
ColtFreaks.com is in no way affiliated with the Indianapolis Colts, the NFL, or any of their subsidiaries.