![]() |
Colts Cuts
@Colts 2m2 minutes ago
We have released CB Charles James, LS Matt Overton and S Duke Williams: http://indcolts.co/JzEfju @Colts 1m1 minute ago We also waived LB Alex Bazzie, P Devon Bell, LS Joe Fortunato, ILB Deon King, S Stefan McClure, CB Larry Scott and WR Devin Street. only one I'm a bit upset about is Matty O, otherwise no big surprises here, maybe Street? |
Overton and, to a lesser extent, Street are surprises. Who is the new LS?
|
Quote:
But this is a real wtf moment for me, Overton has performed well enough for Vinatieri to make his kicks, he isn't exactly expensive, or old. |
I believe with them cutting Overton and Fortunato, that only leaves Thomas Hennessy who was signed just a few days ago
|
OK so I checked the UDFA thread. Some guy named Hennessey from Duke.
|
|
@HolderStephen 3m3 minutes ago
1) If you don't think the NFL is a business, you're wrong. #Colts cut long snapper Matt Overton today. Was going to make $900K this yr. @HolderStephen 3m3 minutes ago 2) They're expected to sign rookie free agent Thomas Hennessey from Duke who will probably make rookie minimum of $465K. |
apparently this Grand Sinning (whoever the hell he is) hasn't been a fan of Overton for a while.
https://twitter.com/grantsinning @grantsinning Apr 29 Also glad to see 3 long snappers on the roster so we can get rid of Overton |
I dunno how you can have a bad opinion of a long snapper. If he's doing his job, and it's easy to see if he is, then what is there to be unsatisfied about? I don't really care that much, it's the long snapper.
|
I was hopeful that Antonio Morrison/Edwin Jackson might be amongst the cuts.
Oh well. Cutting Overton seems odd, but I suppose it's probably not something that's going to be too noticeable. |
Quote:
|
WTF with cutting Matty O?
|
So we've now lost our punter, place holder, kickoff kicker, and long snapper this offseason. Dang.
|
Quote:
|
Quote:
|
The big knock on Overton for me, was the lack of tackles on punts. Justin Snow was the opposite, he seemd to get one hustle tackle a game on punts.
|
Quote:
Matt Overton's had tougher days than Monday >> Once collected unemployment checks + slept on Maurice Clarett's couch http://indy.st/2qpOvnO |
Quote:
Damn that would be worse. I bet that's a nasty ass couch |
I don't really get the Overton cut either. You are not saving much, what is it, 500K this year? ANd he has done a good job.
But then, seriously, long snapper, its pretty low on my list of concerns for the team. No position is easy to replace, but if you had to pick one of the easier ones, it would be near the top of the list. |
|
Quote:
|
Quote:
it is a stupid fucking long snapper |
Quote:
|
Wonder when Josh Ferguson gets cut. Honestly, not ribbing, that was Grigson's GUY. Any other GM would have cut him after Week 1 last year.
|
Quote:
|
@Colts 34s34 seconds ago
We have waived G Isiah Cage: http://indcolts.co/JzEfju |
Quote:
|
| All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:36 PM. |
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
ColtFreaks.com is in no way affiliated with the Indianapolis Colts, the NFL, or any of their subsidiaries.