ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/index.php)
-   Indianapolis Colts Discussion (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Official 2017 NFL Draft Rounds 4 / 5 / 6 / 7 (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6555)

sherck 04-29-2017 08:14 AM

Official 2017 NFL Draft Rounds 4 / 5 / 6 / 7
 
Lots of ILB, RB and TE prospects with solidly high grades still left on the board. Not so many CBs left with solid grades.

NFL.com top rated guy left is an OG whom their NFL comparison to is Jack Mewhort. Probably about the last O-Lineman remaining whom could be better than Good / Haeg / Schwenke.

Money time, Ballard. You have done well so far; now find us a RB and some good quality depth whom might develop to steal play time sooner rather than later!

Cheers,

YDFL Commish 04-29-2017 08:45 AM

The RB cupboard is getting bare in this draft, Perine and Mack are the only RB's that interest me.

I would think the Bengals will release either Hill or Bernard after drafting Mixon. More likely Bernard. I wouldn't mind bringing him into the mix.

GoBigBlue88 04-29-2017 10:12 AM

Too bad this OL class sucks so much. I'd love for this team to grab a groom-to-replace option at LT for Castonzo, given Castonzo's mileage. But I doubt that guy is in this draft class.

RB definitely today. And please please please not just a Frank Gore clone. This RB roster already has too many guys who can fight like hell for 3-4 yards but never break 20+.

I wouldn't rule out TE, honestly, if there's a good option on the board. Especially if Doyle is asked to be a featured receiver or gets hurt, there aren't a lot of great blocking options on the roster currently.

Would definitely be on the lookout for a return man of some sort. No obvious De'Anthony Thomas type guys I can think of in this draft, but coming from KC, you'd think Ballard would be about those guys who can scare other teams as a returner and still offer some package value on offense. Not sure Chester Rogers or Quan Bray are those guys.

cq.noble 04-29-2017 10:18 AM

Lol there are still plenty of decent RBs available. Brian Hill will be the pick.

njcoltfan 04-29-2017 10:27 AM

Please another pass rusher, Lawson would do!!

VeveJones007 04-29-2017 11:41 AM

Matt Miller mocked the following guys to the Colts in Rd 4 this morning:

RB Brian Hill
DL DJ Jones
LB Jalen Reeves-Maybin

I've seen both Hill and Jones discussed on here and they seem like good fits.

Coltsalr 04-29-2017 11:43 AM

DJ Jones would be awesome!

Dewey 5 04-29-2017 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoBigBlue88 (Post 11884)
Too bad this OL class sucks so much. I'd love for this team to grab a groom-to-replace option at LT for Castonzo, given Castonzo's mileage. But I doubt that guy is in this draft class.

RB definitely today. And please please please not just a Frank Gore clone. This RB roster already has too many guys who can fight like hell for 3-4 yards but never break 20+.

I wouldn't rule out TE, honestly, if there's a good option on the board. Especially if Doyle is asked to be a featured receiver or gets hurt, there aren't a lot of great blocking options on the roster currently.

Would definitely be on the lookout for a return man of some sort. No obvious De'Anthony Thomas type guys I can think of in this draft, but coming from KC, you'd think Ballard would be about those guys who can scare other teams as a returner and still offer some package value on offense. Not sure Chester Rogers or Quan Bray are those guys.

Jeremy Sprinkle from Arkansas is a good option at TE & he is a very strong blocker.

Coltsalr 04-29-2017 12:04 PM

I would just take Lawson, Brantley, and DJ Jones with our three 4th round picks. Just finish the job on completely remaking the Front Seven.

Then take whatever's left at RB in Round 5.

Hoopsdoc 04-29-2017 12:05 PM

BPA, Ballard.

Also, we do not have a 7th round pick, traded it for Billy Winn last year.

Racehorse 04-29-2017 12:07 PM

Give them a Philadelphia welcome? You mean, like, throw batteries at them?

Coltsalr 04-29-2017 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hoopsdoc (Post 11912)
BPA, Ballard.

Also, we do not have a 7th round pick, traded it for Billy Winn last year.

Yep, one final going-away present from Grigson.

Thanks man. :rolleyes:

omahacolt 04-29-2017 12:13 PM

I want Lawson in the 4th here

HoosierinFL 04-29-2017 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Racehorse (Post 11913)
Give them a Philadelphia welcome? You mean, like, throw batteries at them?

Exactly what I though of when he said that.

Also the stat the 2/3 of players in th NFL come from rounds 3 and later, well considering that is 2/3 of all players drafted, it's not a big surprise!

njcoltfan 04-29-2017 12:25 PM

Jesus Christ make the pick already!!! Man the draft could be over in a day and a half!!

Racehorse 04-29-2017 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by njcoltfan (Post 11923)
Jesus Christ make the pick already!!! Man the draft could be over in a day and a half!!

You DO know that none of our posters are making the picks, except Smitty, right?

Coltsalr 04-29-2017 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by njcoltfan (Post 11923)
Jesus Christ make the pick already!!! Man the draft could be over in a day and a half!!

In fact, up until 2010, the draft used to be over in less than a day.

njcoltfan 04-29-2017 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coltsalr (Post 11925)
In fact, up until 2010, the draft used to be over in less than a day.

I know, let's go back to that !!

Coltsalr 04-29-2017 12:32 PM

There goes Perrine, who I kinda liked.

njcoltfan 04-29-2017 12:39 PM

Fuck a the Bengals, there goes Lawson !!

GoBigBlue88 04-29-2017 12:43 PM

Wouldn't be shocked if the Colts take a TE this round.

Coltsalr 04-29-2017 12:43 PM

And Carl Lawson, who I really liked.

njcoltfan 04-29-2017 12:46 PM

I hope they NEVER have the draft in Philly again !!!!!!

sherck 04-29-2017 12:53 PM

Appears that we just traded back.

Indiana V2 04-29-2017 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sherck (Post 11932)
Appears that we just traded back.

Wonder the details of the trade.

Coltsalr 04-29-2017 12:56 PM

Colts trade out of #121, get the 49ers #143 and #161.

According to the trusty NFL Drafttek Value Chart we came out ahead, so there is that.

Edit: I was hoping for a 6th or 7th just for the sake of wanting to have some interest in the last 2 rounds, but obviously that doesn't trump getting the best value possible.

omahacolt 04-29-2017 12:57 PM

The coverage of this draft has been the worst I have ever seen

sherck 04-29-2017 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coltsalr (Post 11934)
Colts trade out of #121, get the 49ers #143 and #161.

According to the trusty NFL Drafttek Value Chart we came out ahead, so there is that.

I don't mind picking up another 5th rounder......

But lots of solid guys are going off the board.

Cheers,

smitty46953 04-29-2017 12:58 PM

I don't like trading back for fringe picks :cool: Could have gotten decent player here I think

Coltsalr 04-29-2017 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by omahacolt (Post 11935)
The coverage of this draft has been the worst I have ever seen

Are you on ESPN or NFLN?

njcoltfan 04-29-2017 12:59 PM

If these networks would worry about covering the draft instead of all of these fuckin puff pieces and guest announcers , we might know !!!!

IndyNorm 04-29-2017 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sherck (Post 11875)
Lots of ILB, RB and TE prospects with solidly high grades still left on the board. Not so many CBs left with solid grades.

IMO this is pretty concerning b/c we need to add 2-3 CBs for at least depth. Even with Wilson being drafted don't we only have 3 CBs on the roster (4 if you count Butler)?

njcoltfan 04-29-2017 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sherck (Post 11936)
I don't mind picking up another 5th rounder......

But lots of solid guys are going off the board.

Cheers,

I feel the draft is over in terms of drafting anyone who will help the Colts this season!

Indiana V2 04-29-2017 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by njcoltfan (Post 11950)
I feel the draft is over in terms of drafting anyone who will help the Colts this season!

It is beginning to look that way.

sherck 04-29-2017 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by njcoltfan (Post 11950)
I feel the draft is over in terms of drafting anyone who will help the Colts this season!

I don't agree with that.

With that attitude, Haeg was a write-off last season.

There are still good players going to be selected in the bottom of the 4th through the middle of the 5th round where we have 5 picks.

They may not be day one starters....but they will come in and give quality time.

Cheers,

FatDT 04-29-2017 01:06 PM

I think this was the round to trade up, not back. Missed on Lawson and Perine but maybe could've gotten one with a small trade up. Not many/any difference makers left now.

We still got three potentially very good defensive players so I will not complain too much here.

sherck 04-29-2017 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IndyNorm (Post 11949)
IMO this is pretty concerning b/c we need to add 2-3 CBs for at least depth. Even with Wilson being drafted don't we only have 3 CBs on the roster (4 if you count Butler)?

It is pretty bare in the draft.

CB1 = Davis
CB2 = Wilson
CB3 = Vet Free Agent yet to be signed
CB4 = Melvin
CB5 = Morris
CB6 = Butler moved back from Safety

That is a pretty solid lineup if we can get solid service out of Melvin and Morris again this season.

All is not lost.

Cheers,

GoBigBlue88 04-29-2017 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by njcoltfan (Post 11939)
If these networks would worry about covering the draft instead of all of these fuckin puff pieces and guest announcers , we might know !!!!

I never watch the networks anymore. I watch the web broadcasts from people who actually talk about these players.

Coltsalr 04-29-2017 01:17 PM

Raiders draft David Sharpe OT Florida, who I also kinda liked.

smitty46953 04-29-2017 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoBigBlue88 (Post 11955)
I never watch the networks anymore. I watch the web broadcasts from people who actually talk about these players.

Which one is your favorite?
:cool:


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:57 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
ColtFreaks.com is in no way affiliated with the Indianapolis Colts, the NFL, or any of their subsidiaries.