ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/index.php)
-   Indianapolis Colts Discussion (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Colts 2017 Schedule (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5913)

Coltsalr 04-20-2017 08:52 PM

Colts 2017 Schedule
 
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C95SfkhU...jpg&name=large

Puck 04-20-2017 09:49 PM

10-6

Indiana V2 04-20-2017 10:27 PM

Championship.

Dam8610 04-20-2017 10:59 PM

None of those games seems unwinnable.

Brylok 04-20-2017 11:55 PM

As of right now, I think 9-7 should be the lowest expectation based on that schedule.

Racehorse 04-21-2017 09:06 AM

Looks like 11-5 or 12-4 to me.

Wyatt 04-21-2017 09:10 AM

I think 12-4 is the ceiling this year if half of our FA's and draft picks pan out.....9-7 at the very bottom end if the wheels fall off and even with the Wood Chopping King in charge

Wyatt 04-21-2017 11:11 AM

Per NFL.com

Colts have the easiest schedule in the league based on team records from last year.

"This is strictly by last year's collective winning percentage -- the Colts' opponents this year had an average winning percentage of .424 percent in 2016 -- but any team in the AFC South could be eligible for this slot. The Texans, Colts, Titans and Jaguars all get to play the woebegone Browns and 49ers, while the Jaguars also field the Jets on the road in Week 4 -- a very winnable game in Tom Coughlin's return to MetLife Stadium. So what makes the Colts' schedule a little bit more fortuitous in my opinion? A back-and-forth stretch between Sept. 10 and the end of October where you can't find two devastatingly difficult games in a row. The Colts travel to Los Angeles before taking on the Cardinals and Browns at home. Then, they go to Seattle before hosting the 49ers. Then, to Tennessee before hosting the Jags and traveling to Cincinnati. If a healthy Andrew Luck is on a roll, the Colts have a good chance of hitting the halfway point in first place."

FatDT 04-21-2017 11:59 AM

@LAR - W
AZ - W
CLE - W
@SEA - L
SF - W
@TEN - L
JAX - W
@CIN - W
@HOU - L
PIT - L
TEN - W
@JAX - W
@BUF - W
DEN - L
@BAL - L
HOU - W

10-6 seems pretty do-able. I think that probably sets us up for another early playoff exit, but I don't see how we lose too many games with this schedule. Seattle seems like the only for-sure loss, the rest I would expect the Colts to be favored in, even with, or at least have a solid chance of winning.

None of our division opponents scare me, Cincy lost their OL and hasn't been the same since Zimmer left, Baltimore and Pitt and Denver all will probably have flaws. CLE, SF, LAR, and JAX x2 seem like 5 built-in wins.

Spike 04-21-2017 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dam8610 (Post 10221)
None of those games seems unwinnable.

Except we still have Pag's as the coach. He will lose winnable games all by himself. My prediction is 8-8 while getting completely blown out in a couple of games and Pags gets fired.

Butter 04-21-2017 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FatDT (Post 10289)

10-6 seems pretty do-able. I think that probably sets us up for another early playoff exit, but I don't see how we lose too many games with this schedule. Seattle seems like the only for-sure loss, the rest I would expect the Colts to be favored in, even with, or at least have a solid chance of winning.

Sounds about right and that would be good enough to extend Pags another season or 2.

FatDT 04-21-2017 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Butter (Post 10295)
Sounds about right and that would be good enough to extend Pags another season or 2.

Unfortunately you may be right. I think he will remind us how terrible he is, but the team will win in spite of him. This just seems like a really, really easy schedule. Of course that could change, teams improve and surprise every year.

Brylok 04-21-2017 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FatDT (Post 10289)
@LAR - W
AZ - W
CLE - W
@SEA - L
SF - W
@TEN - L
JAX - W
@CIN - W
@HOU - L
PIT - L
TEN - W
@JAX - W
@BUF - W
DEN - L
@BAL - L
HOU - W

That's the results I imagined when I said 9-7 at worst. I just threw in a random loss due to some unforseen event or a Pagano screw up.

omahacolt 04-21-2017 05:52 PM

if only we had a decent head coach


this season would be promising for a playoff run.

dwilli57 04-21-2017 06:35 PM

It's only the easiest schedule bc we play 6 games in the crappiest division in the history of the NFL.

Sent from my SM-G930U using Tapatalk

Spike 04-21-2017 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brylok (Post 10313)
That's the results I imagined when I said 9-7 at worst. I just threw in a random loss due to some unforseen event or a Pagano screw up.

Just one loss due to a Pagano screw up? You sure are an optimistic Colt Freak.

Spike 04-21-2017 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by omahacolt (Post 10346)
if only we had a decent head coach


this season would be promising for a playoff run.

Sure is depressing, ain't it? We have a franchise QB and he is being led by a fucking knucklehead. I don't understand how this idiot has lasted 5 years.

Brylok 04-21-2017 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spike (Post 10351)
Just one loss due to a Pagano screw up? You sure are an optimistic Colt Freak.

My optimism is almost entirely coming from Ballard. He's made solid moves to this point, and the more I hear him talk, the more I like him. He was interviewed again on JMV's show today, and knocked it out of the park. Hell, Pagano was interviewed before Ballard, and even he sounded different (relaxed and coherent). We'll wait and see of course, but I truly believe that Ballard will have a major, positive effect on the whole organization. If Pagano is the problem, he'll get canned. Diamond Jim is all in on Ballard.

FatDT 04-21-2017 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dwilli57 (Post 10350)
It's only the easiest schedule bc we play 6 games in the crappiest division in the history of the NFL.

Sent from my SM-G930U using Tapatalk

... And?

Butter 04-21-2017 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FatDT (Post 10360)
... And?

Some people have the need to state the obvious and think they are smart for doing it.

dwilli57 04-22-2017 07:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Butter (Post 10365)
Some people have the need to state the obvious and think they are smart for doing it.

Whoa. Down Boy. I only state it bc the article i read only makes mention that everyone in our division plays the 49ers and Browns, nothing about the division itself.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...sitting-pretty

IndyNorm 04-22-2017 10:02 AM

I predict 7-9
 
@LAR - L (Clappy and crew never have us ready for the start of the season)
AZ - L (If they're healthy AZ is a better team who's better coached)
CLE - W (The Browns will still be a dumpster fire)
@SEA - L (Think we keep it respectable, but tough place to play)
SF - W (49ers will still be a dumpster fire)
@TEN - L (Eventually TEN will beat us)
JAX - W (We always lose at least one to Jax, but think we hold serve at home)
@CIN - W (Bit of a toss up, but Bungles OL looks to be a train wreck)
@HOU - L (Our annual choke job against the Texans that potentially costs us the division)
PIT - L (Our annual skull fucking by Rapistberger and Co.)
TEN - W (Hold serve at home)
@JAX - L (Our annual loss to Jax)
@BUF - L (Last time we went to Buf it was a disaster. Don't see why this would be any different)
DEN - L (Repeat of @Den last year)
@BAL - W (For some weird reason we play Bal pretty well under Clappy)
HOU - W (With no playoff spot on the line we actually manage to beat Hou at home late in the season)

Hopefully 7-9 is enough to get Clappy and his clowns out the door.

DrSpaceman 04-24-2017 09:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brylok (Post 10356)
My optimism is almost entirely coming from Ballard. He's made solid moves to this point, and the more I hear him talk, the more I like him. He was interviewed again on JMV's show today, and knocked it out of the park. Hell, Pagano was interviewed before Ballard, and even he sounded different (relaxed and coherent). We'll wait and see of course, but I truly believe that Ballard will have a major, positive effect on the whole organization. If Pagano is the problem, he'll get canned. Diamond Jim is all in on Ballard.


Well he has made a lot of moves, I will give him that, and he seems to say the right things.

But that doesn't mean all this will work out. A bunch of new LBers may be just as bad as a bunch of old LBers. The new WR FA signing may not work out any better than any of the others over the last 5 years.

I certainly think he is better than Grigson, who is a freakin' disaster, but that is faint praise.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:18 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
ColtFreaks.com is in no way affiliated with the Indianapolis Colts, the NFL, or any of their subsidiaries.