ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/index.php)
-   Indianapolis Colts Discussion (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Realistic Draft (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=38981)

VeveJones007 04-01-2018 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YDFL Commish (Post 61685)
Here is my biggest fear. There are only 2 legitimate MLB prospects and they are Smith and Vander Esch. We probably don't get either.

As far as my conceded the rest of the MLB prospects are garbage.

Smith could be the next Derrick Brooks and Vander Esch the next Brian Urlacher.

Yes I know Derrick Brooks wasn't a MLB.

Move back to 12 and 22 and you might get both.

Dam8610 04-01-2018 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YDFL Commish (Post 61685)
Here is my biggest fear. There are only 2 legitimate MLB prospects and they are Smith and Vander Esch. We probably don't get either.

As far as my conceded the rest of the MLB prospects are garbage.

Smith could be the next Derrick Brooks and Vander Esch the next Brian Urlacher.

Yes I know Derrick Brooks wasn't a MLB.

What about Evans?

Maniac 04-01-2018 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Puck (Post 61679)
I think some are going to be very surprised. I think if Chubb is there Ballard may trade the pick. I think he wants his Urlacher for this defense and that is Edmunds

That would be stupid

YDFL Commish 04-01-2018 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dam8610 (Post 61710)
What about Evans?

He's fine as a 2 down ILB. He doesn't fit the defense that Eberflus is installing.

ZiaColt 04-01-2018 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VeveJones007 (Post 61708)
Move back to 12 and 22 and you might get both.

as much as the Colts need LB help, it seems unlikely they'd draft 2 in the first round.

on the other hand, I can see the draft unfolding so that, at #12, Smith IS the "BPA" and, at #22, LVE is as well. And if Ballard really is a BPA guy then I guess he would go ahead and draft those 2, and maybe hope one of the OL's (Wynn, Hernandez, O'Neill, Rankin?) and possibly one of the CB's (Oliver, Alexander, Jackson, Davis?) are there at the top of Round Two as BPA's as well.

Or one of the WR's, but I'm ambivalent about this group of receivers. Seems to be considerable quantity, but I'm not sure how much quality. Some big guys who may not run all that well, some fast guys with too many drops and/or lack of blocking ability. Would be nice to take some of the load off of Hilton, if possible.

If someone like Kirk or maybe Sutton is still there at the top of Round Two, I guess I'd give them a look, but otherwise I'm not sure there might not be a WR available at #49 or even #67 who's just as good as anyone earlier. Or another OL, or maybe a promising but under-achieving DT like Hand?

YDFL Commish 04-01-2018 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VeveJones007 (Post 61708)
Move back to 12 and 22 and you might get both.

I would like to say that, that is insane, and we don't need both. But, sadly we do need both, and if Chubb is gone, I would probably do it.

Can you imagine the Colts defense w/Vander Esche at MIKE and Smith at WILL? We quickly go from the least athletic LB corps in the NFL, to arguably the most athletic.

YDFL Commish 04-01-2018 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZiaColt (Post 61721)

Or one of the WR's, but I'm ambivalent about this group of receivers. Seems to be considerable quantity, but I'm not sure how much quality. Some big guys who may not run all that well, some fast guys with too many drops and/or lack of blocking ability. Would be nice to take some of the load off of Hilton, if possible.

If someone like Kirk or maybe Sutton is still there at the top of Round Two, I guess I'd give them a look, but otherwise I'm not sure there might not be a WR available at #49 or even #67 who's just as good as anyone earlier. Or another OL, or maybe a promising but under-achieving DT like Hand?

There are WR's that can be had in the 3rd or 4th round that would fit in nicely, DaeSean Hamilton and Simmie Cobbs are a couple, just off the top of my head.

ZiaColt 04-01-2018 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YDFL Commish (Post 61723)
There are WR's that can be had in the 3rd or 4th round that would fit in nicely, DaeSean Hamilton and Simmie Cobbs are a couple, just off the top of my head.

maybe a speed guy like Cain or Chark would still be there in the 3rd round; don't know if they'd last into the 4th round or not.

also St. Brown, though to me he's another guy (like Hand) who checks all the boxes on paper but sort of under-achieved in college--but some might argue that was a function of the offense he was in, not as much his own doing.

it's kind of a strange WR group this year: lotta guys I look at and go "mmmmaybe...." but no one (possibly even including Ridley) who really jumps out and says "sure-fire day-one starter" or "if he's still there at #36 or #37, ya gotta grab him"---especially given how many good OLs and DBs there are in this draft.

VeveJones007 04-01-2018 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZiaColt (Post 61721)
as much as the Colts need LB help, it seems unlikely they'd draft 2 in the first round.

on the other hand, I can see the draft unfolding so that, at #12, Smith IS the "BPA" and, at #22, LVE is as well. And if Ballard really is a BPA guy then I guess he would go ahead and draft those 2, and maybe hope one of the OL's (Wynn, Hernandez, O'Neill, Rankin?) and possibly one of the CB's (Oliver, Alexander, Jackson, Davis?) are there at the top of Round Two as BPA's as well.

Or one of the WR's, but I'm ambivalent about this group of receivers. Seems to be considerable quantity, but I'm not sure how much quality. Some big guys who may not run all that well, some fast guys with too many drops and/or lack of blocking ability. Would be nice to take some of the load off of Hilton, if possible.

If someone like Kirk or maybe Sutton is still there at the top of Round Two, I guess I'd give them a look, but otherwise I'm not sure there might not be a WR available at #49 or even #67 who's just as good as anyone earlier. Or another OL, or maybe a promising but under-achieving DT like Hand?

I would be extremely happy with something like this in the first two rounds:

Roquon
Vander Esch
Will Hernandez
Hubbard
Michel

Puck 04-01-2018 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JesusChrist (Post 61714)
That would be stupid

Trading back for the 12 and 22 and Getting one of of Edmunds or Smith at 12 and then getting one of LVE Fitzpatrick James Landry Hurst Ridley Hernandez at 22 is smarter than taking Chubb.

Some of you are over infatuated with Chubb. He's good... he is not clearly the best player in the draft. And in previous drafts wouldnt even be in the discussion for the 6th pick.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:26 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
ColtFreaks.com is in no way affiliated with the Indianapolis Colts, the NFL, or any of their subsidiaries.